Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Questions about using web browsers and flash

709 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 5310 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7560D, 768 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 873 GB (636 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO,
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Hello,

I have read this article and have questions. I don't understand some parts of it.

From the article The other option is to option is to disable Flash from working altogether. You won't get the permission request notifications, so you'll have to re-enable flash manually if you need it to run on a specific website, but this is going to be the most secure option as Flash won't be running at all.

If I choose to do what this article is suggesting I don't understand if I am suppose to turn flash off in all browsers or if I am suppose to leave flash on and choose the ask first option.

From this article While Chrome once included an option to disable browser plugins entirely, the latest versions of the browser removed that feature. Instead, the only option for disabling Flash on Chrome is to force permissions. Go to Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Flash. Then, in the option for Flash, turn on "Ask First." You can also add specific websites to either block entirely or allow to play Flash content without needing permission first.

I don't understand what this sentence means Instead, the only option for disabling Flash on Chrome is to force permissions.

An option in Chrome settings in content then flash allows for the ask first option to be turned on or off. Does turning the ask first option off disable flash in Chrome?

Does Chrome not allow for flash to be turned off?

Please explain to me what I need help with understanding.

The browsers I use are Vivaldi, Opera, and Chrome.

For an average computer user do you suggest having flash on or off? Why?

Please tell the main reasons why you have flash on or off.

Thanks for your help.

See less See more
#4 ·
I have Flash in Vivaldi, Chrome and Opera, all 3 use the same Chromium engine 'under the hood' and the Flash for Chrome add-on.

I need it for a couple of internet speed-tests I use.

I use Vivaldi all the time, Chrome and Opera just for testing.

#11 ·
plodr Which browser do you use?
My day to day browser is Palemoon. I switched to it when FF started getting weird (at least I thought some of the decisions were weird and the browser really slowed down).

I also always have backup browsers. My backups are FF Quantum ESR (the extended support release only gets security patches, is supported for 1 year and doesn't change versions in that year.) Vivaldi and Waterfox (only on my 64 bit, they don't offer 32 bit browser).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.