Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell Inspirion one 2305

602 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  DavisMcCarn 
#1 ·
Ok I have a dell all in one inspirion 2305. It has a black screen problem but I know it has to deal with the thermal past for I heated the cooler up and it posted and every thing. However, now my power button won't let me shut it offand its orange. When plugged in the power butter comes on and the HDD activity light is solid white. Every other function works fine. I just can't shut it off by the power button and like I said when plugging in the adapter it automacally comes on. I can use it as a monitor. I know there sound and everything any suggestions or ideals would be much appreciated

#4 ·
The orange light either means the PC is in sleep mode or there is a hardware problem with the unit. If it is doing that when you plug the power in, the normal troubleshooting step is to unplug the power, press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds, the plug it in and try turning it on.
If that doesn't get it, what is the SERVICE TAG number of the PC?

#9 ·
Here is your support page:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/d4st2p1/research
And that PC shipped from Dell in 2010! Did you know it was eight years old?
Apparently, the video chip (next to the CPU) is prone to overheating and breaking several of the solder ball joints to the system board which causes the orange (amber) power light problem. Did you want to fix it or recover any files you have stored on the hard disk drive?
And, did you take the upgrade to Windows 10 or did you leave it running Windows 7?

#11 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.