Tech Support Guy banner

"TSG Coffee and Café with Wi-Fi" #15

356K views 5K replies 36 participants last post by  Gr3iz 
#1 ·
#4,248 ·
Hi Folks, :)

Evening Mark, :)

We've had some nice mild days in the low 20C's here, an early taste of Autumn.

How upsetting for your daughter, they were probably looking at their mobile,
it was good that she was able to get their tag number & I hope she's able to get them to pay for the damage.

#4,249 ·
G'day folks.

Good evening Yvonne.

I'm not sure where she is on that. The cops were supposed to be looking for the vehicle, but I've not heard that they've gotten anywhere with that.

#4,250 ·
Mark, I had a similar thing happen to me a couple of years ago. I was stopped at a red light and noticed a car approaching from behind with no attempt to slow down. I flashed my brake lights to no avail. Then tried to get my manual transmission car in gear to move...but too late...crash. I had a load on new monitors in the back seat...landing in the front seat.

The kicker was that I knew it was a distracted driver. 4 girls under 20. They called their family and boyfriends and surrounded me not wanting me to call the police and press charges. There was too much damage to ignore. They insisted they would take care of the damage through their friends garage. It started to get scary. I said no and waited for the police (unfortunately they were extremely busy, so the wait was long.

When to Police arrived.. I was the one interrogated. Why was I stopped? What was I doing there? Why was i doing looking in the mirror? I described my view and saying I was very observant.
In the end, I left it to the police to charge or not. Their insurance paid.

#4,251 ·

I hope the cops do get onto it, but with so much more urgent crimes I imagine it's not top priority these days.

Hi Jim, :)

That sounds like a very frustrating time for you also, it's amazing how they shift the blame.

I was going through an underground car park at the shopping centre a few years ago & the car in front was pulling into a parking space & scraped the car beside her, so proceeded to back out & I had put mine into reverse to make room but she wasn't looking & bumped into me causing damage, so when I approached her she was very beligerant & trying to blame me.
I took her number & went to the police station nearby, they were able to look her registration number up which showed a photo of her which I identified & things were taken care of, but I bet she didn't do anything about the other car she damaged. :mad:

#4,252 ·
G'day folks.

Good evening Yvonne.

I had my own incident many years ago. I was stopped at a light, on my way to work on a drizzly morning. I looked up just in time to see the van that was about to hit me. I had no time to react, though.

This was back in the days when cars had real bumpers! She hit me pretty hard. I got out and went back to check on her. It turns out to be a van for a daycare-type facility and there were kids inside. All were fine, though. She had hit her brakes, probably a bit late, and too hard, and skidded into me. There was no apparent damage (I miss real bumpers!), so we just went on our merry ways.

When I got to work and got out of my car, I realized I was missing my hat (I normally wear a baseball-style cap) since my head was getting wet in the continuing sprinkle. I panicked, hoping I hadn't lost it at the scene. I looked in my car and found it. She had hit me so hard it knocked the cap clean off my head and I must've been in a sorta shock at the time and didn't notice it ...

#4,253 ·
Howdy all all you folks out there! :)

Hope all is better now than it was when y'all were talking car accidents!
I had one, also years ago, (first one) that resulted in 13 stitches to the scalp....
Perhaps in was the unlucky number or just the head injury that has resulted in my...

Hey folks..what's that butterfly doing flying in the middle of winter? :eek:

Good Evening Yvonne :)
:LOL::unsure:

#4,254 ·

Yes the old bumpers were purpose built, not like the poor excuse for them today,
luckily no one was hurt in your incident, & you found your cap also. (y)

Evening RT, :)

Hope that butterfly survived the Winter, ;)
we had white butterflies everywhere this summer.

#4,255 ·
Good evening folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

After a few warm days, it has cooled off a bit again. Maybe I can sleep better tonight!

#4,256 ·

We are having some welcome rain in Melbourne now, but nothing like the horrendous flooding in NSW & Queensland where thousands are homeless & houses damaged beyond repair in some cases, with no insurance bacause they're on flood plains.

#4,257 ·
Evening all.... its all about the weather.
It warmed up this week.. the today and this weekend we are in for more snow.
Gas prices up .. then up... the down today high of $1.90 per litre goinf down to 1.75

#4,259 ·
G'Day folks.

Good evening Yvonne.

It got warm (in the 70s), then it cooled off (we had about 4 inches of snow Friday night) and warmed up again (snow gone by midday Saturday).

Yesterday I was out in short sleeves cleaning up fallen branches and some that were cut by some clowns in a bucket truck with a chainsaw! I don't know why, but they were going around the neighborhood cutting branches from high in the trees. There are no power lines here, so that was not a threat. They cut branches over my yard, so it wasn't the danger of falling in the streets. I don't know why they did that, but I had to clean it up! <rant/off>

#4,261 ·
Good evening folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

Hey Jim. Happy Hump Day to you, too, pal! Hope you're doing well.

I was thinking how cheap your gas prices sounded, then it dawned on me. That's probably for a liter. That's outrageous! It's around $4/gallon here, about half your prices! Other states it's more, though.

#4,263 ·
Good evening folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

They will eventually come around and pick it up, but I had to cut it, clean it, stack it by the street and look at it every day until they decide they are ready to come get it! AARRRGGGHHH!!!

#4,265 ·
Evening all...morning YM
Finally that 4 letter stuff has melted away....birds are chirping...grass is growing and the skunks and raccoons are back and looking for grubs and tearing up the back yard again. Looking like spring is almost here.

#4,266 ·

Hi Jim, :)

Lovely to be enjoying Spring & warmer days there,

They do burning off in the hills here in Autumn to reduce buah fire growth & just when we are enjoying less humidity we have to close our windows because of the smoke, hope we get a wind change soon.

#4,267 ·
Good evening folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

That is so frustrating, maybe because you're not in the suburbs ?
That's just it. We are in the suburbs ... They finally came and picked it all up. We're good to go, until next time ... ;-)

#4,269 ·
Howdy all you folks out there :)

Had an idea about a new TV show called "I Fell Down"
because I've done that that twice recently...
hurt hip. bleeding cranium...

I'm tellin' ya the Golden Years aren't quite up to they're cracked up to be..
... 'cept for the crackin' part :)

#4,270 ·

Hi RT, :)

Sorry to hear about your fall & hope you are feeling better now.

I find with my knee problem that balance gets worse & have had a couple of falls,
luckily not much damage done. I have exercises to strengthen the leg muscles if I keep them up. ;)

#4,277 ·
Thanks Yvonne!
Think I'm OK, "it's just a flesh wound." :D
And I know what you mean about keeping up with the exercise, it's hard to get started and really easy to quit.
Just like smoking, quitting is easy...I've done it a thousand times ;)