Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laptop does not connect to internet

1K views 20 replies 4 participants last post by  nascarjrfan 
#1 ·
My HP laptop will not connect to internet, Windows 10 OS. All I get is NO INTERNET CONNECTION and it shows to be connected.

#3 ·
You fail to get a network connection with both ethernet and Wi-Fi? Or do you get a good connection to the router but do not have internet access?

Have you checked to make sure you have the latest correct network drivers?

What firewall or security suite are you using?

#5 ·
If you are seeing this as you click the "Network" icon in the lower right of the screen, yes you are connected to the network, BUT, the network is NOT connected to the internet.
To many people think that this icon is the "internet" connection.

#10 ·
I should have been more specific, I meant to type the ipconfig command in a Command Prompt window which you can get by typing Command Prompt in the Search bar.

But the image shows that your computer should be receiving information from your router directly. The IPCONFIG command will show us exactly what it received.

#18 ·
No problem. So the issue is that you can go to servers by IP Addresses, but not by name. This points to a DNS issue.

I assume you have other devices on this internet and works fine? If so, do you have any internet security programs like Norton or McAfee?

Edit: I wanted to clarify, when you did the ping google.com one, did you add the space? Because you have typed this: 'pinggoogle.com is not recognized...', which would be incorrect because there is a space missing.

#20 ·
In Post #6 you went to the Network Properties. Go back there then select Use the following DNS server addresses,then type 8.8.8.8 on the first line, and 8.8.4.4 on the second and then click on OK on the 3 boxes to make the changes and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.