Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Traffic Trouble

Solved 
1K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  Paksiw 
#1 ·
Hi Sirs,

Good day!

For those who encounter this kind of network problem, please help me solve mine.

My setup is like this;

Router - patchport - 48pins switch - patchport - 32 PC

My problem is if all the PC is open some of the PC will be disconnected to the mapped shared drive on network from a PC that is a server storage type but they are still connected to the internet. Sometimes also the internet connection of the server type storage PC itself will disconnect like an X in its network icon.

What could be the possible cause of this problem?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Paksiw

#2 ·
I read there is a connection limit of 20 for shared folders. Whether you have a connection to the internet has no bearing on shared folders, the connection is between PC to PC, not to anywhere on the internet. When a PC can resolve DNS names like google.com, then the network icon on the systray shows normal, when it can't it shows a yellow triangle. And when the ethernet cable is out, or when WiFi is down, then the network icon shows a red X.

Is the 'server type storage PC' really a Windows Server edition ?

#3 ·
I read there is a connection limit of 20 for shared folders. Whether you have a connection to the internet has no bearing on shared folders, the connection is between PC to PC, not to anywhere on the internet. When a PC can resolve DNS names like google.com, then the network icon on the systray shows normal, when it can't it shows a yellow triangle. And when the ethernet cable is out, or when WiFi is down, then the network icon shows a red X.

Is the 'server type storage PC' really a Windows Server edition ?
Yes sir that is correct, No sir the Server type storage PC is not a windows server edition it is a windows 7 professional.
How can I solve this problem sir can you please help me?

#5 ·
Hmmnn.. Every PC here is being used except for this server type storage PC. Did you mean sir that I should have like 2 or more source of storage to solve the problem sir ? I am afraid the files could be accidentally deleted by a user. Is there any way that I could do sir like some kind of upgrading PC or not?

#11 ·
The difference is that drivers are specific for certain hardware combined with the OS. So you can have drivers for a integrated Nic for many OS' such as Win10, Win8, Win7, both 32 and 64 bit. But there won't be any drivers made for, say, Server 2012.
You generally, but not always, can find drivers on various sites. ie. On Intel's website you can find server drivers for an integrated 10/100/1000 Nic that's integrated on the workstation board.

I hope this is clear? If not, I can try to explain it again.

#12 · (Edited)
The difference is that drivers are specific for certain hardware combined with the OS. So you can have drivers for a integrated Nic for many OS' such as Win10, Win8, Win7, both 32 and 64 bit. But there won't be any drivers made for, say, Server 2012.
You generally, but not always, can find drivers on various sites. ie. On Intel's website you can find server drivers for an integrated 10/100/1000 Nic that's integrated on the workstation board.

I hope this is clear? If not, I can try to explain it again.
Ahh okay sir I get it but as we purchase an OS sir there are drivers already in a CD. Server OS could possibly have also its specific drivers in a CD sir or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.