Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Text deleting itself without me pressing anything

470 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  SpywareDr 
#1 ·
This has happened multiple times. I open a document and text immediately starts to run away as though I'm holding down the delete button when in reality I'm not pressing anything. If I click somewhere else in the document, it simply starts to delete from that point. Nothing will stop it until all the text is gone, or I close the document.

I assumed this was an issue with Word until it also began to happen while i was using other programmes and in chrome.

Also my laptop frequently switches to full screen without me pressing anything, and pressing f11 will not close it, I have to manually press the cross to get it back to normal.

Sometimes when I try to open word my laptop will tell me it can only open in safe mode since in holding down the ctrl button, except I'm not.

I'm baffled by this. Like I said, at first I thought it was an issue with word but took it to the IT team at my university who confirmed that it wasn't, then I took it to a repair shop and he failed to fix the issue. Any help? I can't afford a new laptop and I desperately need this one to work.

#4 ·
To figure out if it's hardware or a software problem, try temporarily booting and running a different Operating System from a Live CD/USB.

A Live CD/DVD or USB flash drive contains a complete bootable computer operating system (OS). When you boot a computer from it, the OS loads into, and then runs from memory instead of a hard drive. This allows you to run an OS without installing it or making any changes to a computer's current configuration.

To create one, download an ISO file containing the OS you want to use, (such as Ubuntu, Slax or Zorin), then use something like ISO Recorder to burn it to a CD/DVD or USB key.

Now boot your computer from this disc/key and your computer will be running that OS instead of the one on its hard drive. Create a new doc or two, re-open it/them and see if the auto- [Backspace] and/or [F11] is still occurring.

When you're done testing, simply reboot your PC from the hard drive as you normally would.​

If the problem persists even when running a different OS, then the issue is probably hardware related .. which in this case would probably mean the keyboard.

Let us know what you find out ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.