Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need real cheap Photo Editing software...

Solved 
1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  RT 
#1 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 5602 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7640G, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 569 GB (509 GB Free); D: 25 GB (3 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 184B
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

There are only 2 things I need to do when editing my photos and they are: resize the photo and make the background transparent - that's it, I wouldn't need any other features. Sense I am on Social Security only money is a big issue for me. Photoshop is what I would really like but just can't afford it and also true for Paint-Shop-Pro. Any suggestions?

#4 ·
Thanks Valis and Cornemuse - I have watched a few YouTub tutorials on Gimp and it looks great and plenty powerful for what I'm doing. I'm going to take a look at PaintDotNet as well. I'll probably keep this post up for a couple days or so to see if I get anymore suggestions - then I'll mark it as Solved.

#5 ·
i am quite certain Noyb will be by shortly and he REALLY knows imaging software; curious as to his input.

#7 ·
:D I've been watching :D
Probably can't get better than the free Gimp ...
But Photoshop Elements has all the tools for editing pictures as full (pay by the month) Photoshop.

More are used to using either Photoshop - So there would be more help and files will be compatible.
But Photoshop Elements costs about $99 (one time purchase) when not on sale.
Transparent background will require Layers, saving as a png .... and friendly erasing tools.
The Friendly/Easy erasing the background for transparency will be the trick.

#9 ·
I know I used Gimp to resize literally thousands of photos back in the day; it also supports macros so I would just point it at the directory where the latest batch of photos were and let it run.

#10 · (Edited)
IrfanView is a good free basic editor, though I really only used it to resize batches of pics at once,
more than anything else.

My go to over the years has been PaintShop Pro, very powerful, similar to PhotoShop in ability, but much cheaper when on sale (about half of PhotoShop Elements atm.).
There is a learning curve, but I guess that's true with all well featured photo editors.

#11 ·
Great minds think alike :D

I use Irfanview a lot for digital image editing and have had good success with PaintShop Pro7 for restoring old family photos.

I have Gimp on a Linux computer but it doesn't seem intuitive to me and the learning curve takes more time and effort than I want to put into it.....but maybe that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.