Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC won't start after I shut it down

547 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Snuffleufflegus 
#1 ·
I shut down my pc, turned it back on, and this happens (see video):

While writing this, this has now starting to occur, and then immediately shuts down my comp after the message (see video):

P.S. I copy/pasted my post from another forum hoping to get a quicker reply here.

I can no longer even start my computer it just shuts down after a few seconds, at the same time the monitor is getting no signal...

#2 ·
In the 2nd video it says Cpu Fan Error! and Cpu Over Temperature Error!
Open the case and check if the Cpu fan is caught on a cable or something.
If it's simply not working you will have to replace it.

#4 ·
I meant is there a cable or something else caught on the fan and stopping it from spinning.

Well those messages on the screen mean the motherboard 'thinks' the cpu fan isn't working so if you have a fan connected to the cpu fan header on the motherboard is it spinning ok ?

What motherboard is it ?

#5 ·
Your pump could have died in your water cooling

#6 ·
Wow, that first video with the black screen is exactly what my computer did. But I couldn't get any of the other stuff to come up bar eventually finding the bios page and trying to repair from there didn't work either. And my machine, for a few months before this happened would also act funny and say the monitor had no signal. I thought at the time my monitor was dying. But then next time I tried to start the computer it would start fine. Until two days ago when I got the black death screen.

#7 ·
( Cpu Over Temperature ) means it is over heating.It sounds like your pump is gone.Turn your computer on.Put your fingers gently on the pump and feel for vibrations as it vibrates slightly when spinning up.If you feel no vibration,your pump may have quit and your coolant may have warmed up.(That may be the reason for the error) as it has over heated.Did you overclock your computer? If you can enter the bios,set it to it's defaults untill you can replace the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.