Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Realtek HD Audio Manager HELP

524 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Oddba11 
#1 ·
Hey all, I just recently got a new computer and have the Realtek audio manager installed. As of now, I don't have a mic or a headset, so I am using my PS4 earbuds as a temporary sound solution. The problem is, I can hear in-game sounds and other players, but I can't seem to speak. I'm not muted, and my sound setting are correct in game. Any ideas or help is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jay

#2 ·
Does the PS4 "earbuds" have a mic? How does it connect to the PC?

Assuming it has a mic, is it being recognized by Windows and have you configured the mic input?

Also, I will add that I've seen numerous people install the Realtek HD Audio Manager that don't even have a Realtek audio chipset...which means it doesn't work. You haven't listed your hardware, so I don't know what software/drivers you should be using.

#3 ·
Does the PS4 "earbuds" have a mic? How does it connect to the PC?

Assuming it has a mic, is it being recognized by Windows and have you configured the mic input?

Also, I will add that I've seen numerous people install the Realtek HD Audio Manager that don't even have a Realtek audio chipset...which means it doesn't work. You haven't listed your hardware, so I don't know what software/drivers you should be using.
The earbuds do indeed have a mic. I have them plugged into the headphone jack in the computer. In the other computers I've used, I haven't had any issues. I don't know how to see if it's being recognized and I don't know how to configure it. I'm new to computers.

#4 ·
Desktop PC's typically have headphone jacks (audio output) and mic jacks (input)...two different jacks. A typical set of headphones for a PC uses two cables or a single cable with a splitter to connect to the two jacks.

Laptops will often have a single jack will supports both (for space saving).

I don't know which jack type is used by a PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.