Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
856 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Waveforce 
#1 ·
my boyfriend got a new pc. I took the hard drives from his old PC and deleted everything in them and put them into my computer and his power supply because mine had been been damaged during a move. Everything works great for 4 months and suddenly my PC is having some motherboard problems. That’s fine. So I take out my 3 hard drives and my power supply and graphics card. I remove his graphics card from his “old pc” and replace it with mine. Add my hard drive with windows installed and his old hard drive that now only has games and the spare hardrive that’s empty (3 total).Hooked up the power supply. Everything turns on perfectly. Pc will not load windows. Giving me instead many other options. “Restore pc, Boot from device (Like cd or usb), repair pc” and so on. I have tried every option but the computer runs into an error each time. I went to command prompt and checked my hard drives for issues. Everything seems fine. I do forgot where I saw it while troubleshooting I did get a message that one or all of my hardrives are “locked”. I call Microsoft. “Do a system restore” ok it wasent working before but I suppose I will give it a shot. Oh look it’s actualy giving me a date and time now to choose from when it did not before. I selected the option for 1/14/19. Microsoft hangs up and 10 mins later my pc comes up with an error. I seriously wish I worte the errors down. Because now when I got to restore system is only says “no restore points have been created on your computers system drive.” I felt like giving up. Called Microsoft again. “Go to troubleshoot>advanced options> go back to previous version” ok. It says ‘we ran into a problem try resetting pc instead’ and I have tried that many times already. “Ok I will have a tier 2 tech agent call you tomorrow.” Ok so all Microsoft did was have me do what I already did... So I tried installing windows mannualy by selecting my primary drives and partition but I get an error about my bios. Thinking that the UEFI is trying to read my hardrive from “my now old pc” that still has windows installed but possible under a different format than his hardrive was using that I had already wiped. I know nothing about firmware and I know how to get to the bios and can’t find anything there helpful. I know this has been wordy but I needed to get it out. Ideas?

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.