Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Email hacked and unuseable

855 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
MY email (frontier.com) has been hacked. My friends all got an email asking them to send a gift card,,,,Sorry. The bigger problem is that my email address does not work now. It automatically translates to a disabled Gmail account, not mine. it gets kicked back to me. I send to my old emial address from Gmail and it also gets the failure notice.
How do I fix this?
Thank you.

The SysInfo thing did not work.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
MY email (frontier.com) has been hacked. My friends all got an email asking them to send a gift card,,,,Sorry. The bigger problem is that my email address does not work now. It automatically translates to a disabled Gmail account, not mine. it gets kicked back to me. I send to my old emial address from Gmail and it also gets the failure notice.

How do I fix this?
Thank you.

The SysInfo thing did not work.
I'm afraid that you can't do anything if you even can't access your email anymore.
I can advice you to contact the provider, but I don't think it will really help. All you have to do is to create a new email and secure it as much as you can.

#7 ·
When using a webmail account, you provide either another email or phone number to use as a recovery.

Anytime I change a password or some information, I get an email sent to my secondary email alerting me to a change. It usually reads, if you made this change, you don't need to do anything.
This second email would alert you if anyone hacked your email and changed something then you could stop it immediately.

#9 ·
FYI The forwarding is in the Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP.

I am confused on what account that has the issue... Frontier or/and G-Mail? If you do have an G-Mail account, then I would strongly suggest using 2FA option with Google Authentication app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.