Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't update from 1803 to 1809 (October update)

Solved 
720 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  jabso19 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm having some troubles trying to update from version 1803 to 1809. Each time I do so it gets to the blue screen "Working on Updates" at around 70% then I get the lighter blue screen telling me "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" and (at least one of the screens) quotes PAGE FAULT. This restart screen loops about 3 times before it uninstalls the update back to 1803.

Then when I run the check for updates tool it says none are available. Winver tells me I still have 1803.

I've tried the following methods
- Uninstalling the developer mode options. This made the "check for updates" app actually find the 1809 update but I still get the above problem when it installs.
- Going to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 on the "update now" option.
- going to the same site above and downloading the tool that creates installation media and running the iso it creates.

Every time I run into the same problem. When I did the last option I got the following error apon finally logging in to Windows

"We Couldn't install Windows 10.
0XC1900101 - 0x40017
The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation"

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.