Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

guest access

Solved 
652 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  morum 
#1 ·
Hello,
Can you tell me what I would need to allow a guest device, internet access but not give them access to my LAN?

Thanks

#3 ·
sd
Thank you. I have the output from the internet router going into a sg300 box which controls the lan. If I plug a device into the router that also gets access to the lan. I tried playing with vlan settings on the sg300 but it seems that that will only work for vlan aware devices. Any suggestions?

#4 ·
I found a datasheet for the Cisco SG300 switches here:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/produ...ess-smart-switches/data_sheet_c78-610061.html

It includes this information that sounds like what you want to do:
Highly secure guest connectivity. Cisco 300 Series Switches let you extend highly secure network connectivity to guests in a variety of settings, such as a hotel, an office waiting room, or any other area open to nonemployee users. Using powerful but easy-to-configure security and traffic segmentation capabilities, you can isolate your vital business traffic from guest services and keep guests' network sessions private from each other.
I am not at all familiar with setting up a managed switch. My suggestion would be to mark this thread as Solved. Then start a new thread with a subject along the line of "Guest Setup on Cisco SG300 Switch". That should catch the eye of anyone familiar with Cisco managed switches. Include the brands and full model numbers of all your network hardware in your post and exactly what you want to do. Be sure to include if you need WiFi access for guests and/or your private LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.