Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Games crash shortly after opening, occasional stopcode

1K views 16 replies 2 participants last post by  Macboatmaster 
#1 ·
For the past 3 weeks, my computer has been crashing with two stop codes, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Most noticeably the latter. I reinstalled windows 10 and it seemed to fix the issue with my pc crashing but my games would still crash. Most games open and about 30 seconds to a minute and crash. My computer would usually crash after the game crashed with a stop code, but I have since then reinstalled windows and now only games crash. I can be on chrome or online watching videos for hours with no issue, along with small games(such as Toribash or forts if that means anything), but most games crash shortly after opening(siege, for honor, pubg, csgo, etc). They seem to run fine and perfectly smooth, and just freeze for a second and crash.

What I've done so far is I first checked inside to see if my ram, CPU, or GPU were dirty or loose for some reason. I checked every driver for updates, a random one or two had updates but most noticeably my Realtech PCIe network adapter had an update, but whenever updated I wouldn't be able to connect to the internet, but once rolled back I could connect just fine. I then reinstalled windows 10 after wiping my boot drive.

My pc is custom built:
CPU: I5-3570
GPU: MSI Gaming X 1060 3gb
Mobo: Asus Z-77A
PSU: Thermaltake 750 watt non-modular 80+ bronze certified
Ram: 2x4 DDR3 G Skill Ripjaw X 1300MH
Boot Drive: Kingston 120 GB sata SSD
Mass storage: Kingston 250 GB 7200 RPM mechanical drive, WD Blue 1 terrabyte 7200 RPM mechanical drive

See less See more
#2 ·
Which Anti virus is being used please

#4 ·
The reason I asked was that quite a few third party anti virus programs and indeed Firewalls, have been found to cause problems on 10

Presuming for the time being that the crashes resulting in the mentioned stop codes were a separate issue to the present problem of the game crashes without a BSOD stop I would recommend you install this driver
https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/141906

PLEASE note that you should download the driver and save it, then make a custom install taking the option to delete first all existing Nvidia drivers
as here
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...ers-under-windows-7,-windows-8,-or-windows-10

#5 ·
In respect of the Realtek update for the network adapter - that would not then connect - where was this update from - Windows 10 or some third party driver update software. I presume the network adapter in use is the integrated network adapter on the motherboard
LAN
Realtek® 8111F, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)

#7 ·
Let me know how you go on with the gaming, after the installation of the Nvidia driver

#13 ·
Well it is no use leaving it like it is now then
You definitely are on Windows 10 I presume
I take it is there no chance that you have used a recovery and gone back to whatever the OS was

#17 ·
When you make further replies please just type your reply in the box that appears when you return to the topic.
Please do not reply by clicking that on my last past. That as you can see quotes back what I have just posted.

Also it would be a great help if you answered all the points I raise.
That makes it so much easier for you and for me.
For instance - did you do a custom install deleting previous as mentioned , a failure to do so, may result in all manner of problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.