Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monitor display problem

776 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  cwwozniak 
#1 ·
I have an Acer V223HQV monitor,it is an older monitor and it only has VGA display option.
So i recently bought a new pc with a Nvidia gtx 1060 which only has HDMI conection.
First i bought a cable that converts hdmi signal to vga and everything worked fine.
Then that converter cable broke and i bought a new one,literally the same cable but new.
Now with that new cable my display seems blurry but not like foggy blurry or text blurry.Text and icons seem to have some kind of chromatic abberation effect.
Something like this

I have tryed the ClearType thing and it doesent work.
I tryed everything,from nvidia control panel to my monitor settings and i also updated all my drivers and nothing seems to fix it.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 12254 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 931 GB (286 GB Free);
Motherboard: MSI, H110M PRO-D (MS-7996)
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, and welcome to TSG.
Something like this
Your picture seems to be of an optical distortion involving lenses. I can't think of any way that type of aberration could occur on an LCD monitor. Can you please provide photos of your actual screen showing the whole screen and a closeup of the aberration?

If you purchased your adapter cables online, please provide a direct link to the seller's product page for the adapter or provide the manufacturer's name and exact model number of the adapter cable.

#6 ·
See how the icons double like some kind of fade effect ...
I have seen that type of problem with RGB analog video inputs on monitors. In your case, the problem is typically caused by bad or missing grounding of the shield around the individual analog red video cable at either the source or monitor end of the VGA cable. The red shield is pin #6 of the VGA connector. Check your cable for any bent or broken pins. Try another VGA cable if you have one.

#5 ·
First i bought a cable that converts hdmi signal to vga and everything worked fine.
Then that converter cable broke and i bought a new one,literally the same cable but new.
Now with that new cable my display seems blurry but not like foggy blurry or text blurry.
Based on what you said in post #1, I'm guessing the issue is with the replacement HDMI-To-VGA converter cable.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.