Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaming Laptops

950 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  jamespatben 
#1 ·
i have a pretty good gaming laptop, not top of the line but good i7 128gb ssdr 1tb storage gforce 1050i gtx 16gb ram and im wondering why my laptop feels like its gonna melt from heat ... my exact laptop is lenovo legion y530 with the 8th gen i7 and 16gb ram not the lower one. how do i change settings to make it less hot.
im playing divinity 2 and paths of exile and it sounds like the fan is gonna blow up and the laptop is 2 weks old

#8 ·
Does that laptop run at a somewhat normal temperature when you're not gaming, or does it run hot all of the time?

I did some researching on it, and there are several complaints about it overheating.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#9 ·
I use my laptop without the battery and place it under my laptop so air can circulate and it's not sitting on a flat surface which can cause overheating

#12 ·
I think it's somewhat normal. I have a Dell Precision 5520 laptop workstation with a Geforce GPU (forget which model), 16GB of RAM, i7 processor, and 512GB M.2 NVMe drive. When I do graphics intensive stuff, the laptop does run quite warm and the fans spin up pretty fast.

It just follows when you load down the laptop that the processor and GPU will be working harder and generating more heat. This is why I still have a desktop gaming box. I'm able to get better/faster hardware for less money than a laptop. And there is the ability to cool the hardware better with a desktop chassis.

#13 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.