Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to create a web portal?

888 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  lunarlander 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, as you guys are familiar with thread title “How to create a web portal”.
So basically I’m interested in creating a web portal which takes a unique id (allotted to each and every user) and it gives the information all of that particular id.

For example: In TikTok(a really famous video sharing social media application which has millions of active users) each and every user have a unique id and they have a backend portal where you can enter the unique id and get all the information of his videos (i.e. number of views, number of likes, date of creation, number of videos created by him etc).
So I wish to build a Portal/Platform where i can use the same TikTok id to search the above mentioned requirements.
But the main concern is how to build it?
What should be the exact language I should study, some say JavaScript is good and some say Python is good as well and What all knowledge is required to complete this kind of task?!
It would be great if anyone can guide me through, i’d really appreciate your knowledge and help.

#3 ·
PHP is a server-side language you would use to handle a PDO database, which would facilitate your unique portal application (PHP) on a website.
May I suggest that you use Google to investigate the key terms "PDO database" / "unique portal application (PHP)" and do some investigating;)

#4 ·
The user profile belongs to TikTok . It is part of the main features of the app. That profile data is part of what they have collected for years. They are not going to give away that data for nothing. How much money are you willing to pay for that data?

Secondly, just having a profile available on the internet will not attract visitors. People will want to see the videos. And without even a screen shot of the video gets you nowhere.

#6 ·
If that 'back end portal' of the users of TikTok resides on a TicTok server, then you still would need TicTok's help + permission to get at those back end portals. Your 500 workers, is a small number if TicTok has 'millions of active users'. I would think you'd still need to negotiate with TicTok about a payment. Maybe you can advertise their app on your future portal, and get a better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.