Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

can't do an underscore in one letter of an email address

898 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8095 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (163 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., X555LAB
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
I have a friend who now has a Sky email address wherein the first letter of his address is underscored but I can't seem to get this to work. I have tried doing it on my gmail and also on my windows mail without success. I have typed in the first letter then held down the shift key while pressing the underscore key but all that happens is the underscore symbol goes next to the letter. Help! And thanks in anticipation.

#6 ·
Plodr. I have tried doing what you advised but it doesn't work for me. I went into MS Word 365 typed the required letter underlined it, went to address email by pasting the underlined letter but what I got was the letter with two small dots beneath it. There must be away????

#9 ·
I don't use Office 365 so I can't help you sort that out.
I also don't run Windows 10.
I tried it in Wordpad. I was able to underscore the letter c but it didn't paste the underscore, it only pasted the letter. I checked the clipboard and it shows a plain c without an underscore.

I was hoping there was an Ascii code for underscored letters but sadly there doesn't appear to be.
https://theasciicode.com.ar/ascii-p...erstrike-underbar-low-line-ascii-code-95.html
You can get the underscore by itself _ but not a letter with it.

I found a png with underscored letters
http://johnmorrow.info/symbols/alpha_over_under.png
Unfortunately they don't paste and he doesn't explain how he typed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.