Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Input From Two Different Keyboards

Solved 
777 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Chawbacon 
#1 ·
I love MMORPGs and lately have been wanting to try an experiment.

I want to be able to macro most if not all of the keys on my secondary keyboard I have without buying any hardware.

Example: When I press the W key in a game, I walk forward. With the way things are now, no matter which W key I press my character walks forward because all the computer knows is that I am pressing W, not which W I am pressing. I would like for it to be able to differentiate between the W of the first keyboard and the second, as well as with most other keys, so that I can use my second keyboard to line up my skills using a games keybinding options.

I understand there are systems in place that are more efficient and some MMORPS offer much easier solutions, but this is not for competitive play and more for a fun little experiment.

I have heard of Team Player, is that my solution here? Seems like a nice program but I am not sure if it would work here.

I can code, but would prefer not to dig into my system and manually align a few hundred keys to work individually and certainly don't trust myself to create any software myself for this.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello RedWolf1,

I have never done this; however, it is my understanding that you can use one USB keyboard and one PS2 keyboard simultaneously. Together, they should act as one single keyboard. Personally though, I can foresee some potential conflicts occurring if both keyboards attempt to use the same drivers at the same time. ;)

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.