Tech Support Guy banner

Liberals say WHAAAAAT????

24K views 364 replies 15 participants last post by  Johnny b 
#1 ·
Inspired by Johnny! ;)

Since we seem to have the crazy stuff that the Conservatives say well covered in the Trump Presidency thread (much of it well deserved), I thought that there should be a thread to also poke fun at the crazy stuff that the Liberals say as well.

Guess I will start with Al Gore and his statements this week.

Gore: Jet Stream 'Getting Loopier and Wavier,' So 'We Have a Global Emergency'
...."Hurricane Michael intensified as it reached the coast. And that's something relatively new," he said. "And the reason for it is, the ocean waters are much warmer than normal, so it's not getting cold waters churned up to weaken the storm. It just keeps on getting stronger."
Such crazy statements when history obviously states otherwise concerning rapidly developing hurricanes.
So... Let us look at this from a recorded history perspective.

Souce: https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/outreach/history/

Florida Keys Labor Day Hurricane 1935 = September 1 - Category 1, September 2 - Category 5
Hurricane Hazel 1954 = October 14 - Category 1, October 15 - Category 4
Hurricane Audrey 1957 = June 26 - Category 2, June 27 - Category 4
Hurricane Camille 1969 = August 16 - Category 1, August 18 - Catefory 5
Hurricane Hugo 1989 = September 13 - Category 1, September 15 - Category 5
Hurricane Andrew 1992 = August 22 - Category 1, August 23 - Category 4
Hurricane Mitch 1998 = October 24 - Category 1, October 26 - Category 5
Hurricane Keith 2000 = September 29 - Tropical Storm, September 30 - Category 4
Hurricane Iris 2001 = October 6 - Category 1, October 8 - Category 4
Hurricane Isabel 2003 = September 7 - Category 1, September 8 - Category 4
Hurricane Dennis 2005 = July 6 - Category 1, July 7 - Category 4
AND = July 9 - Category 1, July 10 - Category 4
Hurricane Katrina 2005 = August 26 - Category 1 - August 28 - Category 5
Hurricane Rita 2005 = September 20 - Category 2, September 21 Categry 5
Hurricane Ike 2008 = September 3 - Category 1, September 4 - Category 4[/quote]

See less See more
#278 ·
When powerful people think the rules aren't for them
https://www.politico.com/newsletter...-people-think-the-rules-arent-for-them-489325

News reports have Michigan Gov. GRETCHEN WHITMER'S husband pulling the "don't-you-know-who-I-am" card with a vacation boat dock worker in the middle of a pandemic that has killed thousands of people in his state.
'Don't do as I do, do as I say'.

In the middle of a pandemic lockdown with armed protestors demonstrating against State leader ship......what could possible go wrong playing the entitlement card to party on the water during a National Holiday? :rolleyes:

#279 ·
Whiny dumb 'lil Donnie says Twitter is labeling his lies and denying him his 1st - kinda like falsely yelling fire in a cinema. It's about time someone took action against the liar-in-chief. (y)

Reactions: Johnny b
#281 ·
This 'Liberal' Mayor had something to say ..........

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/us/george-floyd-protests.html

"Take back your city NOW," Mr. Trump wrote in a tweet directed at Mayor Jenny Durkan and Gov. Jay Inslee. "If you don't do it, I will. This is not a game."

The president added, "Domestic Terrorists have taken over Seattle, run by Radical Left Democrats, of course. LAW & ORDER!"

Ms. Durkan responded with a tweet of her own: "Make us all safe. Go back to your bunker."
( LOL! )

Reactions: Wino
#282 ·
Howdy all,

I have been a bit busy; but, wanted to reply to my friend Johnny here on a couple of his viewpoints.
However, during the Republican primaries, initially, a research firm called Fusion GPS was hired by The Washington Free Beacon, a conservative (edit: )news outlet, to unearth potentially damaging information about Mr. Trump, not initially by Democrats as often inferred.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/25/us/politics/steele-dossier-trump-expained.html
OK... This is really old news. Yes, an anti-Trump Republican funded group initially hired Fusion GPS to conduct opposition research. After that research contract was terminated by the Republican group, the Clinton campaign then hired Fusion GPS. It was at this point that the Steel Dossier started was created and pushed out to multiple news organizations to make the appearance of independent reporting. The Republican group had nothing to do with the Russian collusion bologna you still seem to believe is gospel truth.

An article at Politico.com explains recent bogus claims made by the Trump administration in regards to 'unmasking' Flynn and the erroneous claim of the Trump campaign being investigated:
Yeah, I read that article also. I disagree with the Republican accusations towards President Obama (that he was the orchestrator of the Trump investigation). He may have been kept appraised; but, unless some truly concrete evidence is revealed indicating he was the one pulling the strings, I have to give President Obama a pass on that accusation.
The issue IS Flynn, not the rights of the US citizen...
You see, this is where basic rationalization goes awry. It is always about, or at least it should always be about, the rights of the U.S. citizen, regardless of their position!
Not as an absolute as with Flynn acting as a foreign agent.....so, actually, the Feds can, they have and McConnell just insured they can continue with out any restrictions.
And it upsets you so much you can't comment other than question the authenticity of the news report :eek:
Always with the false attempts to read my mind Johnny. Let what I thought that that other readers would logically inferred.... I had not read the article in question at the time. So, based upon your claim, I had to qualify my reply with an assumption that the article was valid. I have read the article since then and disagree 100% with McConnel on that issue. (n)

Flynn acted as a foreign agent with out registering as one.
Flynn lied about communications with a Russian Ambassador.....a nation that was found to be interfering in our elections. An enemy.
Hmm... You do realize that most individuals (where the question of being a foreign agent is concerned) are simply advised that they need to register as a foreign agent, and they do so retroactively. :unsure:

So the DOJ decided to drop the charges against Flynn... yeah... he is so guilty. (y)

#283 ·
Howdy all,

I have been a bit busy; but, wanted to reply to my friend Johnny here on a couple of his viewpoints.

OK... This is really old news. Yes, an anti-Trump Republican funded group initially hired Fusion GPS to conduct opposition research. After that research contract was terminated by the Republican group, the Clinton campaign then hired Fusion GPS. It was at this point that the Steel Dossier started was created and pushed out to multiple news organizations to make the appearance of independent reporting. The Republican group had nothing to do with the Russian collusion bologna you still seem to believe is gospel truth.

Yeah, I read that article also. I disagree with the Republican accusations towards President Obama (that he was the orchestrator of the Trump investigation). He may have been kept appraised; but, unless some truly concrete evidence is revealed indicating he was the one pulling the strings, I have to give President Obama a pass on that accusation.

You see, this is where basic rationalization goes awry. It is always about, or at least it should always be about, the rights of the U.S. citizen, regardless of their position!

Always with the false attempts to read my mind Johnny. Let what I thought that that other readers would logically inferred.... I had not read the article in question at the time. So, based upon your claim, I had to qualify my reply with an assumption that the article was valid. I have read the article since then and disagree 100% with McConnel on that issue. (n)

Hmm... You do realize that most individuals (where the question of being a foreign agent is concerned) are simply advised that they need to register as a foreign agent, and they do so retroactively. :unsure:

So the DOJ decided to drop the charges against Flynn... yeah... he is so guilty. (y)
It was at this point that the Steel Dossier started
No, that dossier started with the Trump campaign looking for weaknesses and ditch the project :D
Nice try though lol!

Please. :D
McConnell has been jumping all over those rights and I pointed it out.
Saving Flynn is the obvious focus ;)
And as shown, he was never 'masked' to begin with.
He got caught and extremists cried foul :D

Always with the false attempts to read my mind Johnny.
Whine whine whine! :D
Your words. :)

I have read the article since then and disagree 100% with McConnel on that issue.
See what a positive effect I can have on disgruntled Trumpies? :p ....:D
You're welcome .....lol

So the DOJ decided to drop the charges against Flynn... yeah... he is so guilty.
I don't follow your logic, but he wasn't found innocent, either lol!

I have been a bit busy
These days, that's a good thing.
Hope all is well.

You've been missed :D
It's been boring.
Well, except with that economist from England :)

#284 ·
Disney Parks to layoff 28,000 Employees; Cites California's "Unwillingness" to Reopen Disneyland

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...alifornias-unwillingness-to-reopen-disneyland

The Walt Disney Co. on Tuesday announced that 28,000 employees from the Parks, Experiences and Products segment "at all levels" will be laid off. What's more, the company placed the blame for the decision on California not allowing Disneyland to reopen at this time.
Thanks Democrats. I wonder who will play the princess in the animated film "Killing Disneyland"? :unsure:

#286 ·
#285 ·
lhan Omar Connected Cash-For-Ballots Voter Fraud Scheme Corrupts Elections
https://www.projectveritas.com/news...allots-voter-fraud-scheme-corrupts-elections/

James O'Keefe, the founder and CEO of Project Veritas, said: "Ballot harvesting is real and it has become a big business. Our investigation into this ballot harvesting ring demonstrates clearly how these unscrupulous operators exploit the elderly and immigrant communities-and have turned the sacred ballot box into a commodities trading desk."

O'Keefe said, "We are showing Americans what is really going on in one of our great cities-but, it's not me saying-we have the operators on tape saying it all themselves."
It will be interesting to see how far up the ladder this goes from a law enforcement point of view.

#287 ·

Scheme Corrupts Elections
https://www.projectveritas.com/news...allots-voter-fraud-scheme-corrupts-elections/

It will be interesting to see how far up the ladder this goes from a law enforcement point of view.
I suspect a short ladder with out any steps, not because of Omar, but because of O'Keefe.

O'Keefe:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O’Keefe
He produces secretly recorded undercover audio and video encounters in academic, governmental, and social service organizations, purporting to show abusive or illegal behavior by employees and/or representatives of those organizations.[4] He has selectively edited videos to misrepresent the context of the conversations and the subjects' responses, creating the false impression that people said or did things they did not.
(edit: and more)
Viral Video Spreads Unfounded Claim About Rep. Ilhan Omar and Voter Fraud
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/09/29/project-veritas-ilhan-omar/
The Project Veritas videos rely mostly on anecdotes from unnamed and unseen sources, interviews with some who seemed unaware they were being recorded, and clips of conversations that raise questions about the original context and intent of the words spoken.

In short, the videos fail to provide evidence that Omar is connected with an illegal cash-for-ballots harvesting scheme.
Jack, desperate much?
You are only hurting your own credibility when you post lies and misinformation as if fact.
We already have stepinwoofie for that. lol.

#288 ·
Don't forget the king of Fables - Donald J. Trump. Give cred where cred is due.:LOL:

#294 ·
If you cared about the condition of humanity, you wouldn't be a Trump supporter, Jack.
Especially those that died, are dying and suffering in recovery, because of Trump's leadership during a pandemic.
IMO, you deserve to be mocked on that issue.
And it obviously stung.
Interesting... I deserved to be mocked for having a different political opinion than you do. That is such a mature response that definitely encourages continued civil discussion and response. 🤨
Our nation has a health problem exacerbated by a political party you obviously favor, headed by the guy that now resides in Walter Reed National Military Medical Center because he denied the severity of a pandemic and chose to ignore safety as a political statement, and is now infected with the disease he denied was a national problem. Covid-19.
While I have not micro-analyzed every Trump statement in the fashion that some individuals on this site seem to crave, I have been critical of President Trump's verbal statements concerning Covid-19. Just like every day life, individuals should be truthful when dealing with others. Personally, I do not care if the President has an R or a D beside their name... A U.S. President should never deliberately lie to the American people.

#295 ·
Interesting... I deserved to be mocked for having a different political opinion than you do. That is such a mature response that definitely encourages continued civil discussion and response. 🤨

While I have not micro-analyzed every Trump statement in the fashion that some individuals on this site seem to crave, I have been critical of President Trump's verbal statements concerning Covid-19. Just like every day life, individuals should be truthful when dealing with others. Personally, I do not care if the President has an R or a D beside their name... A U.S. President should never deliberately lie to the American people.
. I deserved to be mocked for having a different political opinion than you do.
You deserved to be mocked for what you posted.
However, criticized for your apparent support of Trump's policies just like anyone that posts here.

While I have not micro-analyzed every Trump statement .....
LOL....you are only trying to rationalize what you ignore.

A U.S. President should never deliberately lie to the American people.
Can I quote you on that in the future? :D

#296 ·
Wikipedia cites their sources.
You don't seem to LOL!
And all you posted was an 'If' about ballots not proven to exist.

Looking like 'time' isn't on your side ;)
I find it interesting that you should choose to criticize my use of the word "if" in a very whimsical way, when you Never Trumpers and Clueless Liberals have hung your hats on the word IF repeatedly where President Trump is concerned for almost 4 years now. IF Trump is a Russian agent. IF Trump colluded with Russia. IF Trump hacked Hillary's emails. IF Trump committed a Felony during his conversation with the Ukrainian President. IF Trump is a racist. IF Trump is xenophobe. IF Trump favors China. IF Trump hates women. IF Trump is responsible for Covid-19. If Trump is a white supremacist. IF Trump knows nothing about trade. If Trump knows nothing about the economy. IF Trump didn't pay taxes. On and on and on....

And what do you have to show for all the overt hatred?

Millions and Millions of dollars of tax payer dollars spent in investigations opened upon baseless lies, projection of guilt onto Trump that the Democrats are actually guilty of, sections of our cities looted and some burned to the ground, denigration of Police forces, and society split in factions based upon race, sex, religion, political opinion; because, Clueless Democrats and Never Trumpers continue to throw this political temper tantrum after loosing an election to President Trump in 2016. Seems like it is time for segments of our population to grow up and return to the world of civilized conversation where differing ideas are discussed and debated, instead of attempting to intimidate and yell down oppositional viewpoints.

#298 ·
And what do you have to show for all the overt hatred?
I don't use the term 'if'.

Never Trumpers continue to throw this political temper tantrum after loosing an election to President Trump in 2016.
Never Trumper here ( :p )
I didn't lose an election in 2016.
I didn't support or vote for H Clinton.
You're just upset Trump is on the ropes this close to the election.

Seems like it is time for segments of our population to grow up and return to the world of civilized conversation where differing ideas are discussed and debated, instead of attempting to intimidate and yell down oppositional viewpoints.
You mean like the distinguished Qanon and Trump's favoritism of their support of/for him.
Where insanity and violence are a trademark?
Where Trump asks terrorist groups to 'standby'?
Where Trump asks militias to 'liberate' State governments that happen to to be led by an opposing party?
Where Trump literally kills off citizens with Covid-19 policy and personally infects members of even his own governing body?

Like that you mean?

#303 ·
I agree.

In addition to the quest for authoritarian rule, the criminality and subversion of the rule of law, It's also the disrespect shown by Trump and his followers for the lives of the general public ....and cloaking their miscreant behavior with images of patriotism and religion .....that endangers our society.

I remember when the USofA was great and did great things.
When the world looked to us for solutions.

Look at us now. A death cult inhabits the Oval Office.

#304 ·
Facebook and Twitter reducing distribution of New York Post Hunter Biden story
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technol...bution-of-hunter-biden-story-in-new-york-post

Facebook and Twitter limited the distribution of a story in the New York Post about a purported email between Hunter Biden and an adviser to a Ukrainian energy company.

The 2015 email indicates that Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to Burisma, thanked Biden for "giving an opportunity" to meet former Vice President Joe Biden...

..."While I will intentionally not link to the New York Post, I want be clear that this story is eligible to be fact checked by Facebook's third-party fact checking partners," Facebook spokesperson Andy Stone tweeted Wednesday. "In the meantime, we are reducing its distribution on our platform."

Twitter issued a statement about the incident after Fox News reached out about the story, claiming it took action against the article due to the company's "Hacked Materials Policy." Twitter is blocking the post from being shared on its platform.
OK... These are private companies and they can do whatever they want with their platforms. My problem though is the obvious bias from companies that are supposed to be Platforms and not Content Publishers.

The spurious excuses by Facebook and Twitter of undetermined content and hacked materials respectively is an extreme double standard. Remember... They did NOTHING to suppress content negative (every day) towards President Trump, regardless of only having anonymous sources and illegally leaked materials that created a narrative of accusations built on beer and dog farts.

If big tech wants to lie to me, that is fine; but, big tech needs to at least make it a plausible lie.

#305 ·
My my :D

All the crap Trump and his pals in the militia post in Facebook and Twitter, many advocating civil wars, race wars, anarchy and American Revolution 2.0 and all you complain about is about a couple of questionable news articles being blocked.

LOL!

Thank you.....no, really :)

• Haha
Reactions: Couriant
#307 ·
Looks like Trump has finally taken action against Facebook and Twitter for removing some of his content ( :D )

Ajit Pai says he'll help Trump impose crackdown on Twitter and Facebook
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...ump-impose-crackdown-on-twitter-and-facebook/

Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai is backing President Donald Trump's proposal to limit legal protections for social media websites that block or modify content posted by users. Pai's views on the matter were unknown until today when he issued a statement saying that he will open a rule-making process to clarify that, despite the First Amendment, social media companies do not have "special immunity" for their content-moderation decisions.
If Trump doesn't like what he reads, or is upset over what he didn't read, sue them out of existence. If that doesn't work, arrest the 'fools' at FB and T that would even consider crossing the King.

( shocking, just shocking I tell you :D )

• Angry
#308 ·
I can't say for Twitter as I am not on that, but Facebook does do a good job with blocking or reporting false posts, however it seems to most of the posts about trump are from public information (i.e. taxes, his twitter, Stormy, pictures of him kissing Ivanka more lovingly than Melania... etc) so there are no false information to block...

For the life of me I cannot find the information I saw about Hacked Information, but it was on the lines of material that was illegally obtained, not verified, and to be used to interfere with an election... pretty sure there are laws about that, and that's why social media is blocking these accounts/posts.

Johnny, the reason the Trumpettes are complaining is that they (GOPheads) have been trying to undermine the election, and undermine Joe for months and this is the only thing that they are clinging to... I guess that's their specialty... other people's emails...

#309 ·

Johnny, the reason the Trumpettes are complaining is that they (GOPheads) have been trying to undermine the election, and undermine Joe for months and this is the only thing that they are clinging to... I guess that's their specialty... other people's emails...
Agree.
It appears that way.

And their claims are often typical of this:

Man Who Reportedly Gave Hunter's Laptop to Rudy Speaks Out in Bizarre Interview
https://www.thedailybeast.com/man-w...dy-speaks-out-in-bizarre-interview?ref=scroll

Flaky.

#312 ·
#313 ·
Wow, what a humanitarian!

After killing off a greater proportion of the elderly, especially in nursing homes, with his initial policies addressing a world pandemic, he offers those that survived a questionable vaccine that may not even exist for another year or so....all the while pushing a herd immunity plan by way of increasing infections.

Nursing homes to get free COVID-19 vaccines under Trump plan with CVS, Walgreens
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ccine-nursing-homes-cvs-walgreens/3682278001/

#314 ·
#315 ·
#316 ·
My my :D

All the crap Trump and his pals in the militia post in Facebook and Twitter, many advocating civil wars, race wars, anarchy and American Revolution 2.0 and all you complain about is about a couple of questionable news articles being blocked.

LOL!

Thank you.....no, really :)
You fail to miss the bigger picture Johnny. The actions of big tech here are wrong on an integral level of the country's moral fiber. Stifling articles of news from credible sources simply because it does not meet a Platform's political narrative is unconscionable on that organization. I am sure that big tech will end up paying a price for these antics.

As an update... https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-chins-firm-emails-deal

Looks like Joe Biden has some questions to answer... Just out of curiosity, does it make anyone proud that the appearance here is that a sitting VP used his office to facilitate his children acting as a shell company to launder millions of dollars?

And so much for the liberal talking heads claims that this was Russian disinformation. :ROFLMAO:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...nce-director-says/ar-BB1aaRkg?ocid=uxbndlbing

#317 ·
All you are posting is a continuation of 'If' statements and that last link contradicts Ratcliffe's intentions of supporting Trump's accusations.

Ratcliffe makes claims that there is no Russian connection but states:
the intelligence community has not been involved with Hunter Biden's laptop.
He just admitted he knows nothing about information in that computer or how it came to be.
The FBI is investigating and haven't made any statement one way or another.

But you and the Trump machine carry on as if.....your 'Ifs' are facts.

Like 'alternate truths' , 'alternate Ifs'? LOL!

#320 ·
I read he closed up his shop and left town.
His lawyer wouldn't divulge his where-abouts. Gotta wonder if he even knew.

I don't see KA's name in the press much any more. No idea what she's up to.

#322 ·
Perhaps he wanted to be left out of this whole debacle that the Right has been doing.

I only saw glimpses of the whole Hunter laptop thing... I thought it was that someone from his company sent laptops in for repair but was not specifically Hunters?

#325 ·
Happy Holidays to you and and yours, Senor Bastiat !! Lawyering keeping you busy these days? Stay well!!

#326 ·
Explainer: The new coronavirus variant in South Africa - Are concerns justified? | Reuters

So there are two new variants of Covid that are being described as the "South African variant" and the "UK variant". But, but, but,... Isn't that racist? I thought that we could not denote the origin of Covid variants. I guess that only counts for China, or Democrat leaning news organizations like Reuters that must be closet racists unless they retract the story. :unsure:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.