Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC freeze during gaming

772 views 24 replies 3 participants last post by  Hbrinj 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi There, If im posting in the wrong part of the forum, please let me know and I will move this thread.

This problem has been going on for a few months and I believe I've exhaused what I know.

Problem:
Screen freezes during and only gaming randomly. Sometimes it can take hours, others minutes, no recurring sounds, just silence. PC stays on, and needs to be manually switched off.

Things I've tried:
Memtest
Windows file corruption test
cpu and gpu stress test
Reinstalling windows from scratch and installing drivers and applications one by one.

TBD
find an alternative graphics card to test against
test individual usb devices directly connected to the PC

PC specs:
via dxdiag ouput

Setup:
Just incase this is the problem: USB devices hooked upto DELL monitor using USB passthrough to reach individual machines, no other machines plugged in usually.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I suspect the cause maybe - from the log attached

Windows Error Reporting:
+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket 1948031199811959565, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Discord.exe
P2: 0.0.304.0
P3: 5c364bd2
P4: GTII-OSD.dll
P5: 2.0.3.2
P6: 5be93476
P7: c000041d
P8: 000097d3
P9:
P10:

of which there are numerous entries

I suggest you follow the advice here
https://appuals.com/fix-discord-keeps-crashing/

but NOT any suggestion of using any of the advertised fixes - other then the text and images for the actual discord problem.

This may help as well
https://support.discordapp.com/hc/e...sues-1-15-19-Known-Issues-with-Latest-Update-

#3 ·
You having seen my reply - a response from you would be appreciated

#6 · (Edited)
Absolutely no need to apologise.
You just would not believe how many people post a topic, get replies and then never bother to ever respond.

I am pleased if it proves that my suggestion has helped.

Two of the main indications from the log - that should be examined are the drivers shown and the windows error reporting.
After that it was simply a matter of me knowing that Discord appears to cause problems on 10

Re donations that is very kind of you.
It is to the cost of the site hardware etc.
https://forums.techguy.org/help/donate/

Thank you for your kind considerations.

#8 ·
Hey there, I'm back again I've been getting crashes again i'm seeing live kernal event 144 in the dxdiag output. This seems to relate to graphics drivers so yesterday i used DDU and cleared my nvidea drivers and reinstalled them, to no avail. Any help again would be great!

#10 ·
Let me know how your suggested solution goes please and then if necessary I will try and help

#12 ·
Were these crashes BSOD crashes or as previous - freezing

#13 ·
Hey sorry for the delayed response. Same, freezes, i've got a friends R9 390 and I gave it a test run which also ended in a crash. looking in dxdiag it flags it as RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64, looking online people suggest doing a check disk and system file check. both of which i've done.

#14 ·
What size is paging file set at please

#15 ·
With 16GB ram set paging file as follows is yours is not so set
  1. Enter a MINIMUM value of 1 to 2 times the amount of physical RAM you have in the system. (16GB would appear as 16000MB) so yours is 24576MB ram x 1.5
  2. Enter a MAXIMUM value of 2GB more than the MINIMUM value specified in the step above. (This will ensure that windows reporting and other diagnostic reports are correct) so yours is 26576

#17 ·
I am thinking that it may actually be as on here

RADAR monitors memory commit charge, identifying when the commit charge is approaching the upper limit of virtual memory. If applications are allowed to consume all of the available system memory and virtual memory, the system might become unresponsive and applications might be unable to complete their tasks.

I suspect the committed memory written to the page file was filling the auto allocated space

#21 · (Edited)
Here is how I think you should proceed
1. Download but DO NOT RUN the latest driver
https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap...es/amd-radeon-r9-300-series/amd-radeon-r9-390
You have
that is the windows driver store version - still the AMD driver, just a different version number from AMD itself
the newer version is
Driver Version 18.50.27.05 (Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.15027.5007)
IT IS BETA and I would not normally suggest such as against a WHQL driver but it is worth a try

SAVE the download to the desktop

Now boot the computer in clean boot

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Follow it carefully hiding all Microsoft services before disabling the others

Now run the downloaded file from AMD
NOTE accept and CUSTOM install

Now on the next screen click UNINSTALL current software

Use the express uninstall
When that has completed continue with the install
HOWEVER make sure you are still on the custom install screen

Install ONLY the AMD DISPLAY DRIVER which will be the
Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.15027.5007)

and if you are using AMD HDMI audio the audio driver - that is if the card is connected HDMI and the audio is transmitted from the card.
If speakers are connected to the I/O plate you do not need that
I DO NOT think you are using HDMI audio

When that is installed return to normal boot as on the clean boot link and try it

1. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
  2. On the General tab, tap or click the Normal Startup option.
  3. Tap or click the Services tab, clear the check box beside Hide all Microsoft services, and then tap or click Enable all.
  4. ap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click Open Task Manager.
  5. In task manager, enable all of your startup programs, and then tap or click OK.
  6. When you're prompted to restart the computer, tap or click Restart.

#24 ·
Cheers
Good luck with, I have no other ideas to offer
I had thought that it may be the additions to the amd other than the driver
Please do let me know how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.