Tech Support Guy banner

Strange error when typing reply

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  lynx1021 
#1 ·
Don't know if it is my side or what, I will be typing and I get error messages , see attached PDF , It will say the word "success" or "Server hangup" Couldn't up load

#4 ·
It wouldn't let me attach the screen shot pdfs earlier. Works now.

Attachments

#6 ·
It looks like some software between your browser and our server is interfering with the AJAX responses. Do you have any web filters or ad blockers running? Could you try disabling them temporarily to see if you can narrow down which one might be causing it? Some firewalls / privacy protection software may cause that problem as well. Once you narrow down which one is causing it, you could try whitelisting forums.techguy.org. (You could still block ads, for example, but not block the javascript that actually runs the forums.)

#7 ·
OK thanks , it was just doing it every once in a while, I am at work , no telling what they got on their system. I get on during breaks. Here recently I found I can't log on to my Macy's account here because of something they changed here. That happened on my Care Credit account also but resolved itself after six months. Still using a flip phone but won an IPad mini 4, learning it now.

P.S. Using IE 11.1446.15063.0 with windows 10 on a Dell laptop here.

#10 ·
Still having issues posting, keeps saying server hang-up. I found a kind of work around is open up the site in another tab and I can post then.

#12 ·
Yes, just at work and at certain times , mainly afternoon , This week it fine. May be they are doing something on the networks. Running Win10 1703, upgrading to 1809 in April.

#13 ·
Yeah, that's unfortunate. In a few months, I hope to be moving us to a new version of the XenForo software. It's possible that may help the situation, but I think the root cause is some filtering happening within your work network.

#14 · (Edited)
OK thanks, I tell you I just got this windows 10 machine at work about 4 months ago with 8GB of memory the previous was a win 8.1 with 8GB and if I have 4 or 5 tabs open it will hang in IE 11 and I have to Ctrl/Alt/delete and kill it in task manager. I have had Outlook 2013 ? freeze and had to reboot to get it back . Never had these issues in Win8.1 Not too fond of windows 10. We can use Chrome now but all my bookmarks are in IE. IE wont let me print from a web site but I can do it in Chrome? Still not to fond of 10! Edit: Still able to post fine this week!
That is like my wife's email is pop3 and was getting "cant connect to servers" errors all day sunday,3/17/2019, we are on sbcglobal.net email and a friend down the street on "ATT" POP3 was getting the same thing. Monday it was working again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.