Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation?

566 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SpywareDr 
#1 ·
Hi all

One of my Word was affected by gremlins, all bold/uppercase keywords were transformed to lowercase overnight. Only one document was affected in this way.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation? If so how would I return everything back into uppercase? And would you know how to prevent this from happening again including what caused this to happen?

I’m aware that these changes can be made manually (one word at a time-which I don’t relish and will take forever). Is it possible to select all bold texted words and change their case?
I am using Word 2013.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
The following instructions work in Word 2007. Hopefully it'll be close enough to your version for you to accomplish your goal:
  1. With the document loaded in Word, press [Ctrl][F] to load the "Find and Replace" window.
  2. Down at the bottom left corner of the "Find and Replace" window, click the "More >>" button.
  3. Down at the bottom left, click the "Format" button and select "Font...".
  4. In the "Font style" coloumn, select "Bold", then clock the "OK" button.
  5. Back in the "Find and Replace" window, click the "Find in" button and select "Main Document".
  6. In your document you should now notice that all bold words are highlighted.
  7. Click once on any blank space in your document to change focus from the "Find and Replace" window to your document.
  8. Press [Shift][F3] once and you should see the first letter of all bold words become Uppercase.
  9. Press [Shift][F3] again and you should see the all bold words become UPPERCASE.

(If you were to press [Shift][F3] one more time it would change all bold words back to all lowercase).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.