Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Temp Folder Needs full Permissions

Solved 
2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
My Temp folder needs full Permissions

I had been trying to use my ScanSnap iX500 since I restored files on my new HP, running Win10. Today I gave up and called the folks at ScanSnap. They said the problem is that the Temp folder doesn't have Permissions-and it needs full Permissions to operate properly.

The file is located here: C: Users>>Owner>AppData>Local>Temp (Right click on Temp.)

The ScanSnap Tech said this is a system problem and that I should get it repaired by a tech person.

So, I ask,you, the The Tech Guys for help.

Many thanks. . .Below is the screen shot.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Operating system Software

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
That new screenshot is fine (clicking on it expands it).

What software is in use when you do a scan ?
In that software look for an option to change the folder the scan is saved to, or a Save As option in the programs menu (probably under the File heading at the top).

If the above doesn't work you can try option 1 here to change the permissions for the Temp folder :-
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...bjects-users-groups-windows-10-a.html#option1

#7 ·
This is Fujitsu ScanSnap proprietary software programs. I never had a problem until I got this new computer. I tried all of your recommendations, which I felt were really on-point. but was unsuccessful. At this point I am both frustrated and thankful. Out of frustration, I called the ScanSnap tech again and requested that they dig more into the problem. Long story short. The Tech tried everything he could, including working in the Windows "arena" where he was not supposed to do. He went into regedit and HKey stuff I wouldn't (couldn't) do.

His only suggestion was to change my User Folder, which I did just before posting this. The problem now is that I have to copy all my files into the new User folder, which might mean loading all my programs again. Another day on this computer. . .

I think I'll return it. . .

I appreciate your help. I have learned a lot in the process.

#9 ·
You might have a point, but why do you think that (ScanSnap versus Windows or HP)? I guess I have had a bias until now:
I've used it for years. It's very practical in keeping our household business in order, and was fairly expensive, etc.

SS has new software out now, I will do some research. Perhaps the new program would perform better. I am still in a state
of flux.

Thanks, Allan.

#11 ·
Hi

An update.

After working with a tech rep from Scan Snap, we took the HP computer back to Best Buy to return it. We booked a (free) appointment with a Geek Squad rep. He went over the problem/machine and came to the same conclusion. There is a problem with the computer. So even though we were a couple of days over the 15 day return, they let us exchange the machine for another of our choosing. We chose a Dell computer this time. All systems go at this point.

Thank you so much for all your input/help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.