Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Power Surge Problem

506 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Macboatmaster 
#1 · (Edited)
Recently a power surge went through my extension cord when I plugged in a cord extension it turned of my computer and when I started it up it got through the dell loadup and started the windows 7 load-up but then after the logo played its animation the logo stopped glowing in and out as it does then my keyboard and mouse turn off for a split second then after maybe ten seconds power off for 2 seconds then turn on again then a split second blue screen pops up and I cant see what it says.

I went through the dells F11 tools to try and see if it was a hardware problem so I scanned it and everything passed then I went through windows 7 F8 tools to do a safe load of windows that didn't work either then I went to a restore point from a day ago which also didn't work. I'm no expert at computers but I can manage to get some things done but this clearly must be a hardware issue. If someone could tell me what I would need to have replaced or how I can stop this problem please do tell.

My Dell Inspiron i660-4035BK also has 16 GB's of ram and Nividia 750 Ti video card and an I5 intel Processor. Running on windows 7 64 bit

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I do not of course know what you think your attachment was but all it is - is

that.

On the F8 prompt - do you have repair your computer
is that how you got to the option for a restore pint OR do you refer to Last Known Good

Do you have the Windows 7 installation disc as that offers other repair options
Or a system repair disc
If you do not have the installation media but have or can access another computer running the same bit version of windows 7 - eg 32 or 64 bit
You can create a repair disc as here
https://www.winhelp.us/create-a-system-repair-disc-in-windows-7.html

#3 ·
I have tried to use the prompt for repair your computer as well as last known good and it hasn't worked and I believe its the OS acting up rather then a piece of hardware in my computer, ever since I tried to fix it myself its been on even when I boot up the basic windows with the repair options and such.

I had thought before that my computer wasn't accepting power after it boots up windows and such. Do you think a repair disk would help? Or is this a different issue?

#4 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.