Status
Not open for further replies.

CorelDraw corruption

Tags
coreldraw
882 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  SpywareDr 
#1 ·
Hello,
Some time back I bought a new Win 10 computer, took it home, tried to losg CorelDraw v5 on it, and it died. I was told the motherboard was fried. Okay, that seemed odd to me, but what do I know? I brought home the replacement, and ditto. Same thing. I upgraded the software and no problem.
I now want to load Visioneer One Touch software on this machine and am nervous. What is happening here, and is the VIsioneer software safe?Thanks,Tom

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8124 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 720, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 905 GB (637 GB Free); E: 931 GB (570 GB Free); G: 1862 GB (184 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO,
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

See less See more
#4 ·
Much of the software for Windows 98 was still 16-bit. Your Windows 10 is 64-bit and can also handle 32-bit. It cannot handle 16-bit software though. Also, disks from 20+ years ago will have lost much of their magnetism, which is used to store the 0's and 1's written to the disk. Once that magnetism has faded enough, even on just little portions of the disk, the data that was there is now gone forever. One way to keep this from happening is to copy the disk to another new (name brand) disk every 3 to 4 years or so.

Recommend seeing if you can download the latest version of the needed software from Visioneer, and that is designed to install and run on your 64-bit Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.