Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sony Handycam camcorder DCR-HC26 - piece fell out

Solved 
2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  kerawl 
#1 ·
I have an old camcorder as above. It takes 8mm MiniDV tapes. Haven't used it in a while, but would like to get it working again. After I charged the battery and started it up, I tried to load a tape, but the tape door will not close and I get a loading error C:32:11 showing on the camera's flip screen. I see there's loads of fixes for this error all over the Internet, so I don't need help with that (not yet anyway). What happened was I peeked inside the tape housing I saw what looked like a capstan roller standing vertically (?) and it seemed to be loose. Then, I made the mistake of turning the camera upside down and the little bugger fell out! My problem now is I don't know where it goes back. See my pictures. I include two pics of the "capstan" and one of the tape mechanism innards where the "capstan" was before it fell out (pretty sure it was somewhere on the left side). Hope these photos help. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi everyone! I see my post has got 67 views up to now, but no replies. I guess my problem is pretty vague. Anyway, I found a video on YouTube which might help me. See here: .
I'm moving in a few days, and the camcorder is packed up, so I'll report back here on how things went with the YT fix next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.