Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rate this PC

Solved 
675 views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm thinking of buy the following used PC for $450CAD:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3 GHz /64 bit Quad-Core Processor/6 MB L3 Cache Memory :16 GB DDR3 Storage :2 TB Optical Drive: DVD Super Multi Graphics: GeForce GTX 650 Operating system: Win 10 Pro

For $409CAD:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-desktop-com...Qrg-CxxC13BC7NBe1_51su9PdR053L2wERIAlRX7NswV8

My current system is:
ASUS M3N78-VM; CPU AMD 7750 Black Edition @ 1350MHz; System Memory 4096MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM; BIOS Type AMI 0907, Date 01/13/2009; Address 1024kb; Bios AGESA: 3.3.1.0; Video Adapter PCI NVIDIA GeForce 8200 (Textured Mem: 1839 MB); Device Audio: ASUSTeK Computer MCP72XE..../MCP78S High Defintion Audio

Is the first system a lot better than the one I currently have?
Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Is the 2nd system better than the first? They both must be better than my old PC?!

#3 ·
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

The computer system you want to buy has a much faster and much better performing processor(CPU) and graphics(GPU).
It also has 4 times as much RAM(16 GB vs 4 GB) which runs at a faster speed(DDR3 vs DDR2).
You will definitely notice the difference between the two.
(y)

----------------------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
Thanks flavallee. What of the 2nd system I added to my orig post?

Also is either of the 2 systems worth the money?

I can run Autocad on the system that I currently have but there is some lag. I dont want to spend the $ for CAD system as I dont do any 3D drawings.

#6 ·
Product Font Rectangle Material property Parallel

It has a faster processor(CPU) and a solid state drive(SSD), so it should be noticably faster than the first computer you described.

Unfortunately, it comes in a Small Form Factor(SFF) case and not a larger Mini Tower(MT) case.
Besides it likely having a lower wattage power supply, it has less room inside for ventilation, so there's an increased risk of overheating.

Does the first one also come in a Small Form Factor case?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

#8 ·
#9 ·
#10 ·
Acer is junk, so stay away from it.
I'm very familiar with the Dell OptiPlex 7010, but only with the Mini Tower case.
Unless you have a space issue or just prefer computers with small cases, you should stick with those with the larger cases.
Besides the inside of small cases being too cramped, they're at higher risk for overheating.
Which country do you live in?

---------------------------------------------------------------

#11 · (Edited)
Canada.

Would the it 3 series be much faster than the CPU I currently have?

#13 ·
Any... how do O know what is the diff between these confusing series?

Perhaps an AMD Ryzen would be better (if I could find one!)
I had initially thought to pick up a laptop but they look a bit pricey.

#14 ·
I'm strictly an Intel user and know nothing about AMD Ryzen, so I can't comment on them.

There are hundreds of Intel Core i3 and i5 and i7 processors, and they have different performance ratings and prices.
You should ask a computer-knowledgeable family member or friend to help you select a replacement computer that fits your needs.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#15 ·
#17 ·
Rectangle Font Parallel Handwriting Brand
Rectangle Font Circle Number Paper product

The Dell OptiPlex 9020 Mini Tower comes with a 290W power supply.
The one you selected has a good processor, but it needs a better low-power graphic card for quality gaming.
I personally own 3 of them, but I don't game or do anything system-hungry with them, so they work fine for me.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.