Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noisy AT2020 Mic in OBS Studio

833 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
Hey anyone that can chat with me and help me setup my microphone will be greatly appreciated. I have it set up but it sounds awful theres tons of background noise and I've tried all I can to fix it but I dont know how.

#2 ·
Hi Jamesps, and welcome to TSG.

The site rules require that all assistance be done in our forums.

Keep Support in the Forums
For the safety of our members, we must require that all technical support take place in the forums and not allow assistance be given via email or private message. This offers the opportunity for peer-review with the hope that any potential harmful advice can be corrected. Having problems and solutions publicly visible may also help someone in the future who is experiencing the same issue(s). If you're looking for live support, there are other (paid) sites that provide that service. Also, due to the risks involved, we also do not allow live remote control of computers by our volunteers.
If you believe your microphone problem is software related, then please reply with the details of the hardware and software involved and what you have already tried to resolve the problem. Someone here may then be able to help you.

#3 ·
Hi Jamesps, and welcome to TSG.

The site rules require that all assistance be done in our forums.

If you believe your microphone problem is software related, then please reply with the details of the hardware and software involved and what you have already tried to resolve the problem. Someone here may then be able to help you.
Well I have an audio technica at2020 microphone connected to an external power ssupply(micro power ps400). I dont know much about specifics of anything but I use obs to record and theres just so much static and ringing in the background and my voice itself is also very static and kind of echoey. I've tried to use the filters obs offers to make it better and it doesnt work I've downloaded some other things as well just basically more filters to try and drown it out. Like I said I dont know alot about what I'm doing, I just dont understand where or how this could be happening it's all brand new or was when I bought it and it's done it from the start. If you need more info please ask bc I dont know what to give

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.