Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Registry Entries

Solved 
763 views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
Hello All

I have 50 registry entries all starting with S-1-5-90-3 etc. What do they refer to.

Regards SilverSurf

#6 · (Edited)
I doubt it's malware-related. It's important to know where the keys are located and what sub-keys follow and data they contain. Please give the entire branch to some of them as samples. Depending on the results I may ask you to export some of them and upload them here.

Also, how did you find all of these keys?

#7 ·
Hello Cookiegal

Thanks for your reply. I found them after uninstalling Acronis as it left several files and folders behind, the only way to delete some of these I had to delete registry keys of Acronis. Since my first post where I stated their were 50 entries there are now only 4. I hope the enclosed file will help you to help me.

Regards SilverSurf

Attachments

#11 ·
Hello Cookiegal

Now I am confused and have managed to confuse you. In my original post I gave this info:- S-1-5-90-3, as JM pointed out it should have had an extra digit:-S-1-5-90-0-3. At the time of posting there were 50 entries with similar numbers, I have no idea why but today that is now only 4. I don't know how to give you the information you need to help me so as my PC is running OK maybe it's best to leave things for a while.
Many thanks for your time, it's appreciated.

Regards SilverSurf

#13 ·
What confused me was that you indicated initially it was S-1-5-90-3 etc. The etc. led me to believe it was followed by another series of numbers which it should not be.

You were able to provide a screenshot of some SIDs but it doesn't go down far enough to display the one in question.

However, if you're not having any issues I'd say leave it alone. In the future, you should not be venturing into the registry and deleting keys as you could cause a lot of damage. Best to ask here first for guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.