Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pc not launching? (not sure how to say it)

Solved 
1K views 23 replies 4 participants last post by  blues_harp28 
#1 ·
hey guys! so for now 2-3 days my pc would not actually launch. what i mean by it is that i get to the desk top, but nothing ever load. As an exemple, i have stream on my pc. When i open my pc, steam does its original "updating steam" but it never goes through. Google (any search engine for that matter) never open more than a blank window, and any other things that i try to open never do more than that. Before that problem, my pc was doing well. I used it, closed it, and when i reopened it, it was not working.
Thanks for your time!

#3 ·
internet is not the problem (i guess) since even things like task manager takes up to 20 minutes to open. The first 2 days, i could only close my pc with the power button, tho now i can do it on the desktop. if you need picture or anything i could try to send more info

#5 ·
some never launch, like let say league of legends, steam, Avira. i was able to open a google page tho and look at the weather (odly enough). If i click on them to launch, it seems like its loading (cursor changing) but never actually launch. As for the google page, it took over 20 mins from when i i clicked before it opened

#11 ·
Run System File Checker.
Click on Start - Search - Type cmd
Right click on cmd.exe - select Run as Administrator.
At the Command Prompt window - Type
sfc /scannow
Press Enter.
Let it run to completion - but do not close the cmd window.
To save the log file.
Copy and Paste the following in Command Prompt.
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop
\sfcdetails.txt

Press Enter

On your desktop you will see a text file called sfcdetails.txt
It can take 2-3 runs of system file checker for all files to be replaced/repaired.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-run-system-file-checker-analyze-its-logs-in-windows-7-vista

#12 ·
Run System File Checker.
Click on Start - Search - Type cmd
Right click on cmd.exe - select Run as Administrator.
At the Command Prompt window - Type
sfc /scannow
Press Enter.
Let it run to completion - but do not close the cmd window.
To save the log file.
Copy and Paste the following in Command Prompt.
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop
\sfcdetails.txt

Press Enter

On your desktop you will see a text file called sfcdetails.txt
It can take 2-3 runs of system file checker for all files to be replaced/repaired.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-run-system-file-checker-analyze-its-logs-in-windows-7-vista
what does that sfceldetails.txt thing does? ive ive been doing thw scan from the "mode sans échec" (sorry for the french, dont know how its translated" (its the option that open cmd from the booting) . Ive run it, it said it couldnt repair all files, but when i tried to get the sfcdetails.txt, it would be able to do so. is it important to do it from desktop instead?

#13 ·
If the sfc /scannow says that it could not repair the files, the fact that there are files it needs to repair means you have system files that are either missing or corrupt. This would likely be the source of your issues.

If you cannot repair or replace the files (if they can be identified), you may need to reinstall your Operating System.

#15 ·
If the sfc /scannow says that it could not repair the files, the fact that there are files it needs to repair means you have system files that are either missing or corrupt. This would likely be the source of your issues.

If you cannot repair or replace the files (if they can be identified), you may need to reinstall your Operating System.
how would file become corrupted? And if they are, is there a better way than an other one to reinstall my operating system?

#16 ·
Read and follow these.

Why It Happens

A file typically becomes corrupted when a problem occurs during saving. If your computer loses power or crashes as you save a file, there's a good possibility that the file will become corrupted. Bad sectors on your hard drive or other storage media can also cause file corruption, even if the saving process finishes properly. Viruses and other malware can also cause file corruption.
https://smallbusiness.chron.com/mean-file-corrupt-70768.html

Reset or reinstall Windows 10
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026528/windows-10-reset-or-reinstall

#18 ·
Read and follow these.

Why It Happens

A file typically becomes corrupted when a problem occurs during saving. If your computer loses power or crashes as you save a file, there's a good possibility that the file will become corrupted. Bad sectors on your hard drive or other storage media can also cause file corruption, even if the saving process finishes properly. Viruses and other malware can also cause file corruption.
https://smallbusiness.chron.com/mean-file-corrupt-70768.html

Reset or reinstall Windows 10
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026528/windows-10-reset-or-reinstall
thanks you a lot, i will follow the link. its the same for windows 7 and wimdows 10?

#23 ·
i do not own the cd anymore. ive ive that pc for 4-5 years and didnt do the instalation myself
You will need a Windows 8-10 DVD to upgrade Windows 7.

1. What is the make and model number of your pc?
2. Is your pc still only starting in safe mode and will it boot to the desktop?
If yes, click on Start > Search > Type msconfig
Right click on msconfig > click Run as Administrator.
Under the Start up tab > untick all entries > click Apply > Ok.
Restart your pc - will it now boot to the desktop in normal mode and can you open and use program, etc?
its an HP, as for the model i have no clue.
Last time i tried i got to the desktop, but like before, i can't open anything. I've talk to my friend about it and it happened that his dad works with pc and will run the necessary things on it. They suspect a malware that eased its way to the system (tech stuff i half understood). i'll drop an update when that happen, but for now i will mark this thread as solved. thanks to all you guys for the help and time you've provided. fI ever i have any other concerned i know i have somewhere to go that i can trust.

#22 ·
You will need a Windows 8-10 DVD to upgrade Windows 7.

1. What is the make and model number of your pc?
2. Is your pc still only starting in safe mode and will it boot to the desktop?
If yes, click on Start > Search > Type msconfig
Right click on msconfig > click Run as Administrator.
Under the Start up tab > untick all entries > click Apply > Ok.
Restart your pc - will it now boot to the desktop in normal mode and can you open and use program, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.