Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook login problem

990 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  lynx1021 
#1 ·
For no apparent reason over the last few days Outlook keeps asking for my password and will not stay logged in, any suggestions please.

#2 ·
Remove the credentials that Windows saves. Make sure you have Outlook and Skype closed first, then in Credential Manager (found in Control Panel, or you can use the Search Bar), click on Windows Credentials, and then under Generic Credentials, click on any that says MicrosoftOffice16 (or 15 or what ever the version Office/Outlook is) and click Delete. Once you have deleted them, restart your computer and try Outlook again. You may need to put in the credentials again, but make sure you check the Remember Password.

#7 ·
It appears that a lot of the different email services from Microsoft are asking for the password.
Mine from live.com is and nothing I have been able to find will remember the password!

I am on a Windows 10 build 1903 with Outlook 365 and yes, this started BEFORE I upgrade to build 1903

#9 ·
I had trouble with my old Hotmail (Live.com) account a couple of months ago but luckily I had set up an old Yahoo account for recovery. They wanted my cell phone but H### no I get enough scammers on it as it is. Firefox will remember passwords DaveA unless you tell it not to. You can look in there.

#10 ·
RoyP are you using Pop3 or Imap?

#12 ·
There has been a big issue since last year with the AT&T yahoo servers intermittent with POP3 mail. Some days it works and some days it doesn't. I keep my wife's POP3 email that uses yahoo servers to tell when it is working or not. My friend has AT&T and he is using windows live mail on Windows 7 and its doing the same thing. They don't seem to want to do anything about it. Never tried POP 3 with Live.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.