Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odd Controller Support Question

529 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  lunarlander 
#1 ·
OK.. So, you want an emulator to make any controller into an Xbox, or Xbox 360 controller? Done.. they are freaking everywhere. and no matter how you type something in.. that is all you will find.
what do I need??
well.. I have a lot of older games. I am a gamer who also happens to love the nostalgia of playing older games. so.. more specifically for the time being..
I have legit copies of the old need for speed games, III Hot Pursuit, High stakes, blah blah..
anyway.. they supported PC controllers, problem is.. I don't have one.. I have an Xbox One controller that i use for well.. most of my games. But... it does not work on these games.. so..
what i have been looking for.. is.. like.. the exact OPPOSITE of what everyone else seems to need..
I need to use my Xbox one controller, to emulate a old busted pc controller..
yeah Tried googling that, tried Bing, tried quite a few different things.. all of them pop up the same 5billion results... "Emulate an Xbox controller this way or that way" ugh... can we play opposite day? anyone have any idea how??????
please help!!!!
and thank you!!!!!!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
So, you want to use an Xbox One Controller to play games on a PC or am I reading your post incorrectly?

If I read it correctly, I may have had better luck with Google than you. Google found this recent article at pcgamer.com

https://www.pcgamer.com/xbox-one-controller-on-pc/

#3 ·
I know how to use an xbox contoller on windows. It works on 90% of my games. The problem is old pc games ( like from 90's) will not recognize the xbox one controller at all. That is what I need to fix. I need to see of I can emulate an old pc controller, using my Xbox one controller.

All the emulators I see allow you to basically turn a pc controller into an xbox one controller.. I need to do the opposite.
I have an xbox one controller that works perfectly with any game made after 2005 basically.. I just need it to work with older games too..

#4 ·
If your old PC games originates from the 90's. I think you are out of luck. The original Xbox came out in 2005. That original Xbox controller is the earliest one you can get, if version matters with controllers. You won't be able to get it to work with a game from the 90's which doesn't know that such a controller exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.