Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The sound on my computer makes electric noises

Tags
sound
1K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
I didn't know in which category this belongs, so I'll post it here. For a few days now, my sound makes electric noises. It's an aggressive ''errrrrr!!!'' and typically happens while playing online games or playing music on YouTube. When it's YouTube, it happens while attempting to do multiple things at the same time, while in the games, it happens when there are more things going on, so it's kinda similar to a lag (sometimes everything freezes for a second, followed by the mentioned sound). What could this be?

#3 ·
It doesn't happen with YouTube alone, with one video playing at the time. But if I attempt do open it in another tab, while the first one is still playing, the noise occurs. It's at its worse in games, especially the ones that require Internet connection, such as League of Legends. The sound gets really aggressive, makes me feel like something is about to explode in the computer.

#4 ·
OK so in YouTube, if you open a video and on a different tab you open a different video, does the sound occur ?

And I am not clear about League of Legends - are you saying that WHILE a YouTube video is playing and you play LoL, the sound occurs ? Or are you saying that in LoL the sound occurs always even WITHOUT YouTube video playing?

#10 ·
You are going to need to post a LOT info;
Is this a real sound card or onboard sound? If it is a real sound card, post the exact brand and model#
What are your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact ram, etc, etc? Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.
What are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values? Post this twice; once while under a normal load and also when running a stress test. Use either prime95 or OCCT for stress testing. Let the stress test run for at least 2min to stabilize temps and voltages.

#11 ·
Ok I know nothing about sound cards, this is what it says that I have: AMD High Definition Audio Device, and the manufacturer is

Advanced Micro Devices.
I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Processor: AMD A6-3500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (3 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Motherboard: ASRock A55M-HVS
Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 6530D
Power supply: Blueberry Model: PSB450 AC220V/50Hz
These are PNG of the stress test, the first is a normal test, without anything else running, the second one is during a game, which lagged and screamed with noises like crazy.

Attachments

#12 ·
You need to post the requested info. Use the asrock monitoring software to monitor temps and voltages. Here is a link to the support page;
https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/A55M-HVS/index.asp#Download
Next you do need to understand that your board and processor are not performance units; they are designed for basic use. The A6 APU is an entry level processor; great for running office, email, etc; NOT so much for any type of gaming.

#13 ·
It's not like I had this problem ever since I got the mentioned board and processor. Whatever is the issue, this specific issue, it has nothing to do with my specs. Something is wrong, be it software or hardware, something either died or changed. I do understand that the board and processor are not the greatest, but that's clearly not the issue here, unless they stopped working properly of course.

What exactly am I looking for on the website gave me? I see multiple links.

#16 ·
OK, you only want hardware monitor; nothing else. One of those pics is fan control and the other overclocking.
Next was the hardware monitor pic done with a stress test running for at least 2min or what?
Do this, post a pic of hardware monitor under normal load and another while running a stress test. Do not post fan control or overclocking; it does nothing for your problem.

#18 ·
Not a problem.
It appears your 12V rail is dropping under a load. Running at just under 12V under normal load [which is fine] however dropping to 11.8V when stressed. In addition, I notice the vcore or cpu voltage under a load is running @ 1.34V and the specs I found show a max of 1.4V so your cpu is not receiving full voltage under a load.
This somewhat points at a failing pw supply. As a simple test, boot the system with a linux live usb. Since you are going to be able to play a game running linux, do whatever you normally do with utube and see if you still have the problem. If you do, then it is most definitely a hardware problem ie pw supply and or motherboard. If it works fine under linux, then it is a probably a windows/driver type problem.
Use either linux mint or ubuntu for this task. Booting a live linux usb will not affect your hard drive or anything else on your system; it runs from ram.

FWIW if you have the same problem with linux, I would not invest any money into fixing this system. It is not cost effective to repair 8yr old hardware that was low end when released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.