Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Software Issues

790 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
I have been having trouble downloading files, pdfs and software from the internet. I even tried installing the deb package of google chrome on ubuntu but it was not able to open in anyway. I just need a walkthrough on how to get those things up and working.

#3 ·
Ububtu isn't based on Debian so it isn't recommended to use Debian programs in Ubuntu.
Ubuntu is in fact based on debian and supports .deb packages. However, it is recommended to use those software packages which are specifically made for Ubuntu.

I have been having trouble downloading files, pdfs and software from the internet.
For downloading software packages you can use the builtin package management software, for example I use Kubuntu and it has discover. As far as downloading other stuff is concerned I think that should work normally. Use firefox for downloading PDFs and other files. You will find your downloads in the home directory in downloads folder under your name.

#5 ·
I have learnt a lot from you plodr, I read your posts / replies on the forum and that has improved my understanding of Linux by many folds. Thanks for your active contribution. (y)(y)

#7 ·
Brwnjacketwithsunglss : Are you using Firefox ? When you try to download something what happens ? Any error message ?

What version of Ubuntu is it ? Is Ubuntu installed on a hard drive ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.