Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchpad Problem

4K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  ahiung89 
#1 · (Edited)
Device: Toshiba Satellite L510

OS installed:
Puppy Linux

Problem: I dont use the touchpad because something is wrong and everytime the touchpad is touched accidentally or not, the left click is dead. I'm using external USB mouse for the cursor, the only cure is to restart the laptop. right click is just fine, i still can access the start menus using right click and keyboard also fine, using "enter" to confirm the restart proccess.

Method tried:
  • I tried to find and disable touchpad driver from the BIOS, but just couldnt find it.
  • I disabled the touchpad under the Flsynclient (touchpad driver manager for Puppy Linux), it works, the touchpad seems to be dead when i tried to move the cursor using touchpad. But I think the sensor is still alive, because it killed the left click even tho the cursor of the touchpad is really dead.
  • I tried to edit the xorg.conf file, but it asked me to set to default upon the booting up.
  • I tried uninstall the xserver.xorg device manager, and now I can't get into the puppy linux because Xserver is missing. So I have to reinstall it, maybe I want to try Linux Lite. all the OS i tried have this same problem, so it's not just puppy linux.
Please help me solve this problem, I must kill the touchpad to keep the laptop from being junk. is there any easy way to do? like cutting the touchpad wire from inside or so...

Thank you

See less See more
#4 ·
There may be a setting in Puppy to disable the touchpad and it's left and right click buttons. There are so many different Puppies I can't be sure this will work for yours but give it a try and let me know.

Look in Menu > Setup > Mouse/Keyboard Wizard > Touchpad button > Touchpad Mode - click down arrow and select Off.

Your external mouse should still work but if you get stuck press Ctrl+Alt+Backspace then at the new screen type xwin and press Enter and you should get to the Puppy desktop with a working mouse (and touchpad).

If the above doesn't work for some reason which version of Puppy are you using ?

#6 ·
There may be a setting in Puppy to disable the touchpad and it's left and right click buttons. There are so many different Puppies I can't be sure this will work for yours but give it a try and let me know.

Look in Menu > Setup > Mouse/Keyboard Wizard > Touchpad button > Touchpad Mode - click down arrow and select Off.

Your external mouse should still work but if you get stuck press Ctrl+Alt+Backspace then at the new screen type xwin and press Enter and you should get to the Puppy desktop with a working mouse (and touchpad).

If the above doesn't work for some reason which version of Puppy are you using ?
as what I explained what i did, the Touchpad Wizard is called Flsynclient in my xenial puppy linux. I set it off and it does its job. The problem lies in the sensor, everytime I touch the touchpad physically, the problem appear, left click become numb. The solution is to restart the PC and pray to God that I wont touch the touchpad AGAIN intentionally or unintentionally.

#10 ·
Actually you could try disconnecting the touchpad cable at the motherboard end, see from 3:25 in the video which shows how to remove the keyboard, I would use something plastic or wooden to remove the small cover rather than a screwdriver. The small cable that's disconnected first just before 4:30 is the touchpad cable :-

#19 ·
You're decision of course.

Disconnecting the Touchpad cable would disable the touchpad itself and the left and right buttons and it's quite easy to do.

(please click on [Mark Solved] at the top left of your page if/when you feel this thread is finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.