Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Having issue with Ryzen 5 / RX 580 build

294 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Basically my computer will not let me change the speed of my ram. My ram is marketed as 3 ghz and it won't let me change it from 2.4 ghz. When I try to change it my computer blue screens, I get the error code "irql_not_less_or_equal." After that my computer reboots and my windows gets corrupted and I have to factory reset. Here is the parts list. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dHYPbX

#2 ·
OK, are you setting the correct vdimm and timings manually OR are you simply selecting the speed [3000] in the bios? I checked the support page for that ram and the timings listed ie 15-15-16 are for 2400 spd. No timings were listed for 3000mzh. You may have to loosen the timings to get the ram to run at the rated speed.

Next I see one issue in your parts selection that just jumps out at me; raidmax pw supply. Running a 580 video card with a raidmax pw supply is REALLY asking for a problem. If you want to run a real video card, you need a quality pw supply ie seasonic, high end corsair, etc. Raidmax [IMO] is junk. Years ago, my kid purchased a new case that came with a raidmax. I would not even let him pw it ON with that pw supply.

#4 ·
That's a very impressive AMD processor and AMD graphics card, so I'm assuming you built that computer for gaming.

Besides what was said about the power supply you selected, why are you handicapping that computer with only 8 GB of DDR4 RAM?
At least 16 GB would be more appropriate.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.