Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Trump Thread

146K views 3K replies 38 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 · (Edited)
There are two questions that Forum Members might like to think about and then give their view.

Q1. How many days will Trump serve as US President?
Q2. For what reason will his presidency be ended?

------------------------- Some info to help answer the questions -------------------------

Minimum number of days : 1 day
Maximum number of days : 2,922 days (8 x 365 + 2)

Possible reasons for presidency to be terminated (in Alphabetical order)
  • Completes both terms and therefore must leave office
  • Completes first term and does not get re-elected
  • Impeachment
  • Loses the support of the Republican Party
  • Resignation due to perceived threat of danger
  • Resignation due to personal issues
  • Scandals
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T.

[Edited to reflect Littlefield's suggestion]

See less See more
#2,440 ·
Trump whining he's not getting any or enough credit for basically doing nothing regarding CV19.:LOL:

#2,442 ·
Trump may be gone, but his racist traits live on in some members of the GOP presenting expressions of their own racist beliefs:

Ron Johnson says Capitol attackers 'love this country' but he would have felt unsafe if Black Lives Matter stormed building instead

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-black-lives-matter-called-racist/4674016001/

Of course he would have felt safer with the white insurrectionists, similar goals.
But there's a problem with crazy violent people. You never really know what they'll do next :D

#2,444 ·
Either seems good to me.

Just throwing out an idea.
How about?

Trumpism---->Past, Present and Future

There was a recent article presenting the idea that the man himself, Trump, wasn't achieving the expectations of numerous analysts.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/14/trump-post-presidency-475733

But, imo, his influence and goals still seem alive within other politicians.

#2,447 ·
How about "Trump - Scourge or Pestilence"

Reactions: Johnny b
#2,450 ·
Works for me !

#2,455 ·
This is almost funny.

Parler: We warned the FBI more than 50 times before the Capitol riot
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...i-more-than-50-times-before-the-capitol-riot/

Embattled right-wing social media firm Parler infamously promises its users a laissez-faire approach to "free speech" on its service. As the company now tells Congress, however, Parler apparently does warn federal authorities when it discovers certain kinds of violent content on its platform-and users who flock to the site for its anything-goes attitude are mad.

Parler's attorneys explained in a letter (PDF) to the House Oversight Committee that it apparently does have limits on what it finds acceptable and did take seriously some of the violent content posted to its platform ahead of the January 6 events at the US Capitol.
LOL....when it comes to business models and the ability to remain open, even the fascist rightwingers sell their membership out.

This shouldn't have been a surprise.....DJT does it all the time. Just ask the people he says he doesn't know anymore :D

#2,458 ·
Trump is planning on launching his own social media platform:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ocial-media-platform-adviser-says/ar-BB1eOsGY
If this works, all his followers are going to leave Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube (if he makes alternatives for all 3) to join his network and stay connected with him. Now, whether or not you like Trump, if you don't like Big Tech, this is VERY good news. The more people who leave Big Tech, the less power they'll have because they get money from people looking at ads on their platforms.

We already have some alternatives, like:
Brighteon
Gab
lbry.tv
MeWe
Minds
Rumble
However, what we really needed was something that could gain traction.

#2,459 ·

...............if you don't like Big Tech, this is VERY good news.

Big Tech?
You mean the social platforms like Facebook and Twitter?

However, what we really needed was something that could gain traction.
Please excuse me for being a noob. I don't do social platforms.
For family and friends I use a telephone, email and even snail mail.
Who is 'We' and what is goal you are looking for?

#2,462 ·
Setting aside any political affiliation and my disdain for social media in general......I'm onboard with any attempt at wiping that smug look off of Zuckerberg's face and hitting him where it counts.....his finances. That piece of turd lied through his teeth at both hearings he attended...subpoenaed.

If true.....heck yah......build it, launch it and take down FB. Along with any other biased media outlet.

#2,463 ·
As far as my thoughts go.....I would think all the damage done to members of those platforms...... data farming, hacking etc of their data bases and the foreign enemy propaganda .....would dissuade intelligent people from joining.
But it doesn't seem to have any great impact.

I would think anything Trump is promoting would be 10+ times worse.

Of course, it would make the perfect unintentional honey trap for traitors and seditionists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.