Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuck in BSOD loop after upgrading components

356 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
Hi,

I recently tried upgrading my CPU, mobo and ram in an effort to update my pc as i had been using the old mobo for over 10 years and the cpu socket is not supported anymore. (Asus P6x580 - LGA 1366).

Old cpu was an i7-950

New mobo is Asus B450M-K
New CPU is ryzen 5 2600
Ram is ddr4 2666, listed max is 2999.

After swapping these parts out the computer hasnt achieved a stable log in, usually crashing before or shortly after the windows log in page.
The error messages vary but have included Watchdog, kernal, critical systems error.

I dont have an external boot drive for windows 10.

I havent tried running the system in my old configuration yet to see if it still works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
After changing CPU, Motherboard and RAM you need to do a fresh install of Windows so that it can load the correct software and drivers for your new setup.

#3 ·
There is a procedure to follow IF you want to swap boards without a clean install; it is outlined at the top of the hw forum. Since you already have the new board installed, just do a clean install of win10. Note you will need either a new copy of windows OR a new lic key. The only exception to this would be if you had a full retail version of windows; that can be installed on as many systems as you want as long as it is only installed on a single system at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.