Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black screen then kicked back to login

874 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  KeefeGB 
#1 ·
I have an Acer aspire 3 that I lent to a friend over the weekend. When I got it back today I tried to log in to my computer profile and the screen turned black then flashed on and off for a few minutes before kicking me off back to the login startup screen. It’s done this every time I try to log in. The first couple times there was a box of red diagonal lines that persisted on the screen as well, but that has stopped. Any suggestions? I can’t seem to stay logged in long enough to do a factory reset.
Thanks,
Keefe

#4 ·
I may have messed up. I performed a factory set on the laptop and it's doing something similar. It is saying on setup of the laptop that I need to install an update but when the update starts it flashes black again, goes black indefinitely and cortana tries to talk until the computer restarts.
Thanks,
Keefe

#5 ·
You download the MS Media Creation Tool to your Downloads folder. Then double click it to run. It will then give you an option to Generate a Windows setup DVD or Generate a USB memory stick. You insert the blank DVD/USB memory stick at that time, and it will Generate/Create the Windows setup onto that media. Then you boot with that media.

You system is probably corrupted, and you cannot do a Reset because the Reset is using the data from the corrupted data on the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.