Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethernet Problems

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
My ethernet isn’t working on my pc and will show that it is plugged in but says “unidentified network” and no internet. I have tried multiple hubs for the ethernet and have tried to resync the boxes through paring and through the typing into my computer but it still does nothing. I have verified that it is enabled within my computer and have reset it multiple times. My computer is the only one showing problems and I have no idea what to do to fix it. thanks!

#2 ·
If you know the ip addressing of your network, try manually assigning a static ip address for your machine. So for example if your network router is at 192.168.0.1, then you can assign your PC to have 192.168.0.10 . Or if your network router is at 192.168.1.1, then you can assign your PC to have 192.168.1.10.

If you don't want to do that, go to your router and check to see if DHCP is active.

#3 ·
I have tried multiple hubs for the ethernet
What do you mean by multiple hubs? Isn't your computer connected either directly to the modem or directly to a router?

tried to resync the boxes through paring
What boxes?

You haven't described your network setup in detail.

What hardware is involved? Please list brands and models of hubs and "boxes" as well as modem and router or if it is a combo unit then the gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.