Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asus Aspire One Cloudbook No bootable device

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Felicia87 
#1 ·
I have an Asus Aspire One Cloudbook 14 laptop. And when I turn it on I get no bootable device.......... Anyone know how I can fix this?

#2 ·
When a computer cannot find an Operating System to boot the computer up with, it has no choice but to display a "no bootable device" (or similar) error message.

The first step would be to check the device (hard drive/SSD) containing the Operating System. If it appears to be working okay, the Operating System itself needs to be repaired ... so that the computer can boot it up.

#4 ·
Your cloud book has a solid state SSD, not a mechanical spinning hard drive. Re-installing Windows will have to do. Go download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it to Generate a Windows Setup USB memory stick. Boot with that and do Setup > Custom. Delete the C drive partition ( if there is more than 1 partition, you will have to tell which is C by it's size ). Then let setup continue with the unallocated space.

#7 ·
I've done that. But once I get to the partition stage it won't let me delete nor format none of them. It shows drive 0 partition 4 - 28.5 GB ( this one I get error- windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation error code- 0x80070057.
Drive 0 partition 3 - 16MB (error- windows can not be installed on this hard disk space. The partition is a Microsoft reserved (MSR) partition.
Drive 0 partition 2 - 99MB (error- windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space . The partition is an EFI system partition (ESP) )
Drive 0 partition 1 - 529MB (error- windows cannot be installed on this hard disk space. The partition is a Microsoft recovery partition.

#5 ·
I've done that. But once I get to the partition stage it won't let me delete nor format none of them. It shows drive 0 partition 4 - 28.5 GB ( this one I get error- windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation error code- 0x80070057.
Drive 0 partition 3 - 16MB (error- windows can not be installed on this hard disk space. The partition is a Microsoft reserved (MSR) partition.
Drive 0 partition 2 - 99MB (error- windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space . The partition is an EFI system partition (ESP) )
Drive 0 partition 1 - 529MB (error- windows cannot be installed on this hard disk space. The partition is a Microsoft recovery partition.

#8 ·
I've done this. But once I get to the partition stage it won't let me delete nor format none of them. It shows drive 0 partition 4 - 28.5 GB ( this one I get error- windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation error code- 0x80070057.

#9 ·
Try this :-
  1. Start the Windows 10 install as usual
  2. At the first screen, where it shows languge etc, press Shift + F10
  3. In the new black window type DISKPART then press Enter
  4. Wait until the new DISKPART> prompt appears and type LIST DISK then press Enter
  5. identify the internal disk and note it's number (it's size will be about 29GB)
  6. type SELECT DISK N (where N is the number you found in step 5) then press Enter
  7. type CLEAN then press Enter
  8. type EXIT then press Enter
  9. type EXIT again then press Enter
  10. continue the install
You should not need to create and/or format partitions now, the install should do it automatically.

#10 ·
Try this :-
  1. Start the Windows 10 install as usual
  2. At the first screen, where it shows languge etc, press Shift + F10
  3. In the new black window type DISKPART then press Enter
  4. Wait until the new DISKPART> prompt appears and type LIST DISK then press Enter
  5. identify the internal disk and note it's number (it's size will be about 29GB)
  6. type SELECT DISK N (where N is the number you found in step 5) then press Enter
  7. type CLEAN then press Enter
  8. type EXIT then press Enter
  9. type EXIT again then press Enter
  10. continue the install
You should not need to create and/or format partitions now, the install should do it automatically.
I've uploaded a pic of my screen after doing this

Attachments

#11 ·
I think the 32GB storage device is faulty, to confirm you could try to install a linux version such as Ubuntu.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick

If that fails in a similar way to windows then you may be able to use the laptop running linux on a Usb stick.

Is the laptop out of warranty ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.