Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Processing speed upgrade

759 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
I bought my wife a HP 250 G7 notebook (last week) and it's slow. What can I do to increase the processing speed?

#6 ·
Return it and purchase a more powerful laptop.
Changing the processor on a laptop is either difficult or impossible.
Given that the specs don't match what is offered for a current model, I am imagining that this is a used laptop.
If you bought it used and don't have that option, then look into upgrading the hard drive to an SSD drive (assuming that has not been done already. 500GB is a common size for old hard drives and is becomming common for new ssd drives). This will give you the biggest bang for your buck.
A memory upgrade to 8GB would be the 2nd thing to do.
You will still be hampered by that celeron.
How are you going to be using the laptop?

We recommend that you download our free SysInfo utility. When you run it, it will show technical specifications of your computer. Please copy and paste that information and include it with your question below. Thank you!

#7 ·
This one?
https://www.amazon.com.au/HP-Celeron-N4000-Notebook-6VV93PA/dp/B07SQGK64Z
If you did buy it new and can take it back then do so.
It can do basic tasks, but if you are already unhappy with the speed, then spending more money to upgrade it would be a waste. It is like trying to upgrade a ford Fiesta. The whole car is built to be basic transportation. If you were to put on better tires, breaks, suspension, and a turbocharger you would still be left with a small cheap engine that cannot be upgraded (to a larger size) without allot of trouble.

#8 ·
joevolavola:

Advise us what the exact serial number is on your HP laptop so we can get it correctly identified.

As lunarlander already stated, the HP 250 G7 laptop's specifications section does not show Intel Celeron processors in the list.
It only shows Intel Core i5/i7 processors.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#10 ·
Personally, unless buying a new pc is COMPLETELY out of the question...I would look into getting a faster PC. Adding more memory or even an SSD is barely going to improve speed in a system with not only a Celeron CPU, but one clocked at 1.1ghz as well. That would be pointless and expensive, IMO, to try to make faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.