My Dell Computer had issues and I wiped it clean. Reistalled vista,
Is there anyway to bring it
Up to Windows 10, would like to do
This as cheaply as possible.

Would appreaciate anyones help.

Thank you

Kenny

#3 ·
Please provide your Dell's model name and model number and 7-character "service tag" number, as Allan requested.

Until we know its description and what hardware it has, we won't know if it's a good candidate for Windows 10.

----------------------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
Tell us the full model name of that Dell PC please, or even better the Service Tag if you can find it, could be on a label on the case or in the Bios.
Hi its a Dell
Tell us the full model name of that Dell PC please, or even better the Service Tag if you can find it, could be on a label on the case or in the Bios.
Hi Windows XP Media edition
Model Dimension E521

Thank you Kenny

#6 ·
The only way to upgrade that OS is to buy a copy of windows 10. Do you want a OEM version or Retail? While that's not a problem, the problem will be with getting drivers. That said, you could still install windows 1o and windows 10 does an outstanding job of finding drivers and using it's generic drivers to get the PC running correctly.

What you'll need to consider is/will this be cost effective for you to do this or just buy a new PC or even a refurb PC.

#11 ·
I agree that it's too old to run Windows 10 effectively.

Any new operating system installed other than XP would have to be using a retail license as OEMs can only be sold pre-loaded on a new computer. The link you posted only provides files and "guaranteed activation". It's too cheap to be an authorized version. I would run the other way.

#15 ·
Kenny:
Depending on where you live, you can buy a much newer and much faster refurbished Dell PC with Windows 10 already installed in it for $300 - $500.
I speak from experience because I've bought several Dell OptiPlex minitowers in the past few years.
Frank

----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.