Tech Support Guy banner

Something in Common Game

34K views 438 replies 9 participants last post by  Gr3iz 
#1 ·
Figure out what the three physical items in the list have in common. Name another item that has that same thing in common as the other three and state what that common trait is. For example, here are three items:

fire truck, cherry, blood

One possible answer could be:

tomato - They can all be found in the color red

You then come up with your own list of items that have something in common and list three of them as the next entry.

The Rules: The things and their common trait should be something that most people, without any special knowledge should figure out. No listing of things you received one Christmas, objects in a particular Harry Potter book, things you see on your drive to work, etc. The common trait does not have to match the common trait used by the person creating the entry.

I'll start off with ...

piano, marionette, tennis racket

See less See more
#191 ·
Now I'm confused, Chuck!
Post #189 makes perfect sense, but

Post # 190 = ?
Something you/we missed along the line, perhaps a reply posted but then deleted :shrug:

But to carry on with Larry, Curly, Moe, Shemp
my favorite Stooges (y)

shaken. stirred, dry

#192 ·
Whoops. That was supposed to be a reminder to me for my next entry and not actually get posted as-is. The forums keep a draft copy reply of things you write but don't click the Post Reply button. I had thought I did not click the button. So much for using parts of an umbrella as an entry.

shaken. stirred, dry, dirty
martinis

mouse, launch, brake

#200 ·
Celebrate, One, Liar, Shambala
Three Dog Night single word song titles

gray fox, coyote, bobcat

#205 ·
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Tuesday
Calendar weekdays

turkey, pork chop, pillow

Good morning, Mark. Did you enter the first three words of your last answer before your first morning cup of coffee?

#206 ·
OOOppps!!

Actually, I was going for days of the week named for gods, but yours fit anyway. I believe all but Sunday and Monday were.

All I'm coming up with, at the moment, for your words is hill, but I don't think that's right. I'll have to ponder on this one, if someone else doesn't figure it out first ...

#210 ·
I was gonna give you a wrong answer buzzer, but then I found bone-shaped pillows on Amazon. I'll give it to ya. Fwiw, I was going with things that can be stuffed.

Red, Black, Baltic, Mediterranean
seas

Himalayan, Kosher, sea

#220 ·
Hello mithilla, and welcome to the game.

Please see my first post in this game that explains how it is played.
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-in-common-game.1232476/

At this point, you would need to figure out what the following three things have in common and provide a fourth thing that shares that common trait.

Robbie, Jinx, Atom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.