Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audio Help!

Tags
audio
672 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Shazzalive 
#1 · (Edited)
I broke the green port (Line-Out, Front Speakers, Headphones) on my asus motherboard. Just wondering if there is a way i could use any of tHE other ports to get the same audio quality. i am currently using my monitor to hook my headset into, but i noticed much worse audio quality. Any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
So what I'm reading here is you've broken the green jack on your Asus motherboard that is at the back of the computer when it's fitted in the case. (I'm assuming you're referring to a desktop motherboard. Can you please state the model number, and the revision number too if there is one and you can find it.)

If I'm right about it being a desktop motherboard then you should have a FP Audio port on it; probably on the left of the board near the bottom. That should be connected to you front panel's audio jack port, from which you should be getting a near identical audio signal.

I can't really tell you anything else until you've told us the the model number (and the revision number) of the motherboard.

#4 · (Edited)
Yes I just looked up your board: https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A/ - Nice looking board BTW.

I was right inasmuch as it has a front panel audio header... It looks like it's the port furthest to the left on the very bottom edge of the board. ('Not sure about that.) It's a set of 15 sticking-up pins that the front panel audio connector from the the front panel on your computer's case plugs onto. (there's 1 pin of 16 missing; so you can't plug it round the wrong way.) Once you've connected it up right, the jack on the front panel will give you an audio signal.
https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A/specifications/

(I assume you're building your first PC? If so check your motherboard's manual and look at where the FP Audio connects to. Connect the chord from the front panel audio jack to that port. All the best with your build.

A few cases have 2 audio connectors on the lead from the front audio jack. If your case has both an AC97 and an HD Audio connector on the end of the lead from the front panel audio; connect the HD Audio connector to the FP audio port and leave the AC97 connector unconnected.

If your computer is already built then connect to the front panel audio jack instead of the rear green jack to get an audio signal.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.