Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pc shuts down randomly

Solved 
1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
So my pc randomly turns off then turns back on like nothing just happened. It happens when I'm just scrolling through the internet or playing a game. When it happens my screen freezes for like 3 seconds then the computer shuts down and turns back on right after. I run windows 10 with an Asus 470x tuf gaming motherboard and a Ryzen 5 3600 cpu. I have a Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Devil gpu and have 16gb of memory. I have one Samung 860 evo SSD and one Western Blue one TB HDD. This all runs on a 600w 80plus power supply. I checked all the power requirements before hand and everything is fine so I'm not too sure what is causing my pc to shutdown randomly. This isn't the only problem, my screen randomly goes black while gaming for around 3-5 seconds which also lead me to think its some kind of power problem but I don't know.

#2 ·
1. Send please the results of our system information utility
Copy the info in the white box by right click and copy and then paste to reply
https://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

2. Also send please the make and FULL model of the PSU

3. what Anti Virus is in use please

4. How long has this been problem, since the system was built OR more recently

5. Have you checked Event Viewer system log to see if the reports there are of assistance.

Reactions: ComputerVirgin
#3 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 12
RAM: 16303 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (104 GB Free); D: 931 GB (369 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., TUF X470-PLUS GAMING
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2.It's an Apevia Prestige Series ATX-PR600W 80 plus gold non-modular active pfc power supply

3.I don't have an antivirus, I just use the Windows Defender already installed

4.Its been a problem since the system was built. I have only replaced the GPU and SSD but the problem also existed before the switch.

5.There really isn't anything helpful in event viewer. No critical errors but some errors like "Device setup manager" and "Kernal event tracing"

#5 ·
It's an Apevia Prestige Series ATX-PR600W 80 plus gold
Not a PSU brand that receives good reviews
Monitor voltages both on HW Monitor AND more importantly on the Asus EZ mode BIOS screen

IMHO that PSU or any of that quality level is not something I would use on that motherboard or other components

Some reviews of Apevia PSU`s have reported 11volts on the 12v rail under load.

You really need something on the lines of
https://www.ebuyer.com/659513-corsair-hx850i-850-watt-power-supply-cp-9020073-uk
not necessarily that 850 but of that standard.

Were it to be me, and depending on the results of voltage monitoring (as if they show incorrect readings with drop under load, then obviously you will replace PSU)
I would try a quality PSU even if it does not solve the problem, which I thi9nk it may well do, at least you know your system is better protected from the risk of using a cheaper one.

Reactions: SarahSims
#4 ·
Also I'm using CPUID HWmonitor to monitor temps on my pc and my cpu is running around 40-50 degrees celsius and the motherboard is getting up to the same temps 40-5- degrees celsius. Are these temps ok for these parts? or are they overheating making my pc shutdown randomly? Also these temps are the pc at idle, not under heavy workload.

#7 ·
Awesome I will most likely buy a new power supply. I was thinking about it and was debating if I wanted to go through the hassle of ALL the wires but I will try it for sure. Thank you so much for the suggestion.
as mentioned......... Apevia = junk
always has been, even their cases are of low quality
you have nice components, expensive components why did you skimp on the power supply?
Because I'm stupid. I'm pretty new to computers so I thought that if the psu has the gold certification i thought its good until i actually learned what that meant. I just upgraded to a 850W Corsair PSU and the problem is now gone so yeah I agree, Apevia=junk.

#10 ·
Cheers
Pleased to have helped
Please mark your topic solved
Click mark solved on your opening post

#12 ·
Cheers
Hope all goes Ok
A nice setup

#13 ·
The HX series is very high quality. You really should not have much problem with wires/cables; that is a modular pw supply. At least you will not have a LOT of extra cables.
Just for future reference, when you are going to do a build or upgrade, post your parts list here. We can give you an idea if the parts are quality, work well together, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.