Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Numerous Ad/Pop-ups showing up at the right side of the PC

758 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  DaveA 
#1 ·
Hello:
I have been bombarded with Ad and Pop-Ups since last month, October, 2019. I installed 3(three) different 'Ad-Blockers' in my attempt to stop all of those annoying and pesky ad/pop-ups. Also, there is 'Malware byte' to combat against numerous ad/pop-up at the right side of the PC, from the top to the bottom.

With three(3) Ad/Pop-Blockers along with Malware-byte, it's still the same. Ad and Pop-Ups never goes away, even more to show up which hampers me to access some of web-sites effectively.

I need any help very desperately, because there is NO way for me to stop Ad/Pop-Ups.

Your help on this regard would be truly appreciated.
Thanks,

#2 ·
Adware is in a class of its own.

Ad-blockers are meant to block ads in web pages when using a web browser. Although Malwarebytes does some some limited adware removal capability, the folks that make it also make a dedicated adware remover called, AdwCleaner. I would suggest you download and run that as your starting point. If that does not rectify the problem, I would suggest starting a topic on the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum describing the ongoing issue and making reference to this topic for background information.

#3 ·
Download and save Malwarebytes AdwCleaner to your desktop.
If you get a warning that this file is unsafe, ignore the warning.
Close all open windows first, then double-click the AdwCleaner.exe desktop icon to load its main window.
Click the "Scan Now" button to start the scanning process.
1 or 2 minutes or longer may pass before the scanning process is finished, so be patient.
If any threats are found, the list of threats will appear.
Make sure the entire list is selected, then click "Clean & Repair".
When the cleaning and repair process is finished, restart the computer.
Load the AdwCleaner.exe main window again, then click "Log Files".
Double-click the "Clean" file with the current date so it can load in Notepad.
Copy and save the entire contents of that file, then paste it here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
It is not accurate to describe what occurs in Windows 10 as even vaguely similar to adware. Toast notifications do, indeed, slide out at the bottom right, but they're not ads.

One can get ads coming out as toasts if one foolishly allows push notifications on request from various websites. As far as I'm concerned the answer is always, "No," with no exceptions when prompted if one wishes to allow push notifications.

#10 ·
No, I still have an exact issue, .... number of ad/pops NOT go away, even though I did installed 'Adwmalwarebyte,' on desktop. However, strange to say, .... those ads/pops needs for the UI, because I currently became unemployed and need to file 'UI' which needs 'Pop-up.' Otherwise, I am NOT able to file it. I believe that others have the same issue, but it's true.
btw) Job-interview went smooth, ... but I, kind of wait to see.

#12 ·
Can you post a screenshot of the popups? Instructions to do so can be found here.

Attach the screenshot to your reply by clicking Upload a File and selecting the screenshot.
Thanks,
As I posted on my last one, I think that those, annoying ads/pops up need for filing UI which is a bit of complexity to deal with, not easy one for me.
Knowing the fact, I do not bother to fix for fear I might not able to file UI, because for awhile I need to file UI, at least until I get a job I've been looking for.

#14 ·
We are assuming that this is a Windows 7 machine, but I posted as that you may have posted in the wrong thread area, and have Windows 10
What version of Windows are you using?

Post a screen shot after running Winver in a Windows key + r

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.