Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Website building software crashing

378 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  britekguy 
#1 ·
My website builder crashes when I try to publish to local folder or try to preview in my browser Windows says qt5webkit dll failed to load
I have done a sfc scan now and it said corrupt files and errors had been repaired yet it still does the same .
I reinstalled the software and it worked twice but it has gone back to the same problem
Today I tried to download the dll and as soon as I did the software published a page I thought great its ok now then my antivirus program said the file was a high risk trojan and advised deletion so I am back to square one again
I cannot preview my work or complete my site because I cannot save or view the work I have done because of this problem
Help please
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8039 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 143 GB (11 GB Free); D: 73 GB (49 GB Free); E: 931 GB (766 GB Free); F: 0 GB (0 GB Free); G: 654 GB (208 GB Free); H: 28 GB (18 GB Free);
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., MS-179F
Antivirus: 360 Total Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

See less See more
#3 ·
The web builder is mobirise 3.10.8 sorry new to site so fed up of getting nowhere it worked fine before the last major update for Windows 10 because I created a site for a friend and never had a problem
another point I sent the exe file to 5 drives in the hope it would publish to one of them example I first published to a folder on D drive but it wouldn't update or publish the 2nd time
It then did the same thing on E drive then C drive. every time I created a new folder it published straightaway but not a second time
every time it crashes and windows refers to the qt5webkit file/module even when I restored the software thereby the dll file it published but wouldn't again and so it goes on and when I downloaded a file and did not even put it in a folder a page published straight off but then I told you I had to delete it as it was deemed high risk so I don't know I tried publishing 20 times today and nothing
cHRIS

#5 ·
There are all sorts of potential corruptions in any OS that can be introduced during an update or have been present and exposed by something a new update brings in.

What follows is my boilerplate Windows 10 revival script because it covers a multitude of possible routes of introduction of problems and solutions for same. If you don't think the issue is from a cumulative or quality update, the first part will not apply, but it's there for those who do notice a sudden change after applying same.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of what follows presumes any issue that is occurring is not secondary to a malicious infection. If you believe it is, then your first order of business should be attempting to exorcise your system of said infection. That's a topic of its own and won't be covered here.

Also, certain issues point to device drivers being the most likely source underlying them. If that's the case make sure you have gotten the latest device drivers from either your computer's OEM support pages or the OEM support pages for the component (e.g., video card, WiFi card, printer, etc.) and installed those and tested afterward.

If you are experiencing unexpected issues immediately or very shortly after any Windows update has been applied, then the first thing you should do is use the Windows 10 built-in capability to uninstall the latest update that's suspected of causing the issue:

1. Open Settings, Update & Security. This should take you to the Windows Update Pane by default.

2. In the Windows Update Pane, locate the View update history control, and activate it.

3. In the View Update History dialog, locate the Uninstall updates link and activate it.

4. In the Installed Updates dialog, the updates will be listed in groupings, with the groups alphabetically ordered, and the items within each group ordered by date - most recently installed first (if no one has changed the defaults). In most cases, you'll be looking to uninstall a Microsoft Windows update, and those are generally the final group. The number of updates available for uninstalling is shown in parentheses after the Microsoft Windows group name.

5. Almost all Windows Updates will have a KB number associated with them, and if you know that use this as what you search on for the actual update. Select it.

6. Activate the Uninstall button located above the list of updates, and the selected update will be uninstalled.

If it's not an update that's suspected of causing an issue, there are other steps you can take. Before going any further, it must be noted that a repair install (or feature update, when those are being done) allows one to keep all of one's files and apps (desktop/installed and store varieties). This is in complete contrast to a Reset (which allows either keeping just one's files or wiping everything), or a Refresh/Fresh Start or Completely Clean Reinstall, both of which wipe everything.

My standard advice, in virtually all cases, (and presuming any potential infection has already been addressed, first) is trying the following, in the order specified. If the issue is fixed by option one then there's no need to go further. Stop whenever your issue is fixed:

1. Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

2. Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

3. Doing a completely clean reinstall (options a & b are downloadable PDF files):

a) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Download Win10 ISO File

b) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Create a Bootable USB Drive

c) How to do a CLEAN Installation of Windows 10 (Tom's Hardware Forums, with screen shots)

I never choose the "thermonuclear option," the completely clean reinstall, until it's clear that this is the only viable option. I hate having to go through all the work of reconfiguring a machine from scratch if that can reasonably and safely be avoided.

#6 ·
thanks for your response there is no virus have done full in depth checks for the last 7 days the windows system restore is not an option it will not go back far enough states unavailable SEE BELOW
Description
Faulting Application Path: D:\Mobirise.exe
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Mobirise.exe
Application Version: 3.10.8.0
Application Timestamp: 587c7c9a
Fault Module Name: Qt5WebKit.dll
Fault Module Version: 5.3.2.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5411e99e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00bf7f02
OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 2beb
Additional Information 2: 2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Additional Information 3: 16d3
Additional Information 4: 16d337f2a6ce638a8068e19315330b27
Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 26eccd2a236c869404d24871041909db (108689051885)
This is the error report regarding my problem
I have an EXE file of Mobirise on each of the following drives D E F G E is the drive I created the latest folder to as it is my largest drive it published but would not again and did as the above error file shows the dll file in
question shows on D drive but does not come up in either System 32 folder or in SYS wow folder
when I downloaded the dll from the web it worked once but not again
also mobirise is showing as the app to open all dll files which it shouldn't so I do not know how that has occurred it should surely say nothing as Microsoft controls most dlls
finally I have run sfc/scannow 3 times and despite it repairing corrupt files the problem remains
Eveything on my pc is fine except for this Everything about my software program works but this
My antivirus software is not blocking anything
When I reinstalled Mobirise it worked but only once
before the the update it worked perfectly
I do not want to reinstall Windows I have too many important files on my drives and as stated everything works fantastic apart from the qt5webkit dll linking to Mobirise exe
Chris

#7 ·
You would be very wise to follow my instructions for a repair install, which keeps all of your files and apps, as a first step at this point.

If you don't want to do that first, then at the very least run DISM as a follow-up to SFC, but I'd just do the repair install. A pinned topic is on this very forum with instructions for using SFC & DISM, as well as another for doing the repair install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.