Status
Not open for further replies.

At a loss, no wireless connection

Solved 
818 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Laptop is a Asus X75A
New install of windows 7
I downloaded most of the drivers from Asus website. With a wired connection the laptop is fine but I do not have any wireless connection at all. This is what I am seeing in the device manager. I have tried to update driver on the network controller and it has been searching for 20 minutes so far.
Any help wold be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
ASUS X75A (support site)

According to your Device Manager image, it appears you didn't install the chipset driver and one of the network (wireless?) drivers.

Expand the Network adapters heading so we can see what's listed there.

Did you do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional or Ultimate 64-bit, and does it include Service Pack 1?

You might want to read and print off the Windows 7 install and update guide at the top of the list in the "Windows 7" section.
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updated-steps-for-installing-and-updating-windows-7-sp1.1222250/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
I just installed the chipset driver and currently doing all of the updates to windows. It was a clean install of windows 7 home premium. Once all of these updates take place I will post back and keep you updated. Thank you.

#4 ·
You didn't say if that clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium includes Service Pack 1.
If it does not include SP1, it must be installed first before proceeding to step #2 in the guide:
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updated-steps-for-installing-and-updating-windows-7-sp1.1222250/
If you follow the guide correctly, it will be very helpful to you in getting Windows 7 Home Premium up-to-date.

You should confirm the identity of all the primary devices(chipset, graphics, audio, ethernet, wireless, touchpad, etc.) in that laptop.
You should then obtain the drivers for them and copy them to a USB thumb drive or burn them to a disc.
They will then be readily available when it's time to install them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
I did say that it was a clean install of windows home prem in my last post lol.

All asus drivers have been installed and everything seems to be working properly.

After installing all of the windows updates I now have a wireless connection.

thank you for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.